Tuesday's Photo - Eels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, are you renting from Holly and Armando at Island Photo? My adive is to listen to both of them, they are excellent photographers and teachers.

Yes Dee I am. My DM at Aldora suggested them and said they were very good people. Glad to hear others feel the same way. I am going to have them video several of our dives as well. All our friends who are not divers loved the last one we had made and were disappointed we did not have one from our last trip in Sept. Would really love to have one myself but they are very pricey.

How about shooting people? You said I need to get very close to marine subjects. I must assume this would hold true for human subjects as well. Armando said this Sea/Sea unit has a stobe but won't know much about it until I get there next Thursday. Thanks for the advise for this Newbie! Can't wait to play with the new toy.

all4diving

:sharky:

Dee once bubbled...
Hey Bacchus....In that first one, is that his Blankey he's sleeping with? :eek:ut:

It must be his Blankey, because mine is much bigger! :D :D

The first one is actually from a night dive at the Town Pier. A lot of garbage on the bottom. Unfortunate because "the human element" is present in some of the better pics.

Steve

all4diving once bubbled...
...How about shooting people? You said I need to get very close to marine subjects. I must assume this would hold true for human subjects as well. Armando said this Sea/Sea unit has a stobe but won't know much about it until I get there next Thursday. Thanks for the advise for this Newbie! Can't wait to play with the new toy.

all4diving

:sharky:

Same thing for shooting people, get close if you want to see who it is! Try to fill your viewfinder/monitor with your subject. Of course there are exceptions. Such as a diver silhouette against the sun or using your buddy as a model in one of your pics.

Armando will explain about the strobe and how to use it. Just make sure you tell him you are a beginner so he'll cover all the basics with you instead of assuming you know them. Also play close attention to the critique he and Holly will give your pictures, that's always where I learned the most.

Have a great time!

Yellow-edged moray from Tachai Island, Thailand.

fc30ef0a.jpg

Dug through your shots online, nice nice stuff! Love the color balance. Sweet.

Dave

These eels are great. I just bought a housing for my camera and hope I can get some shots like this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom