Tubular webbing size for stage rigging hose clamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GF99/99

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey All,

This is kind of a strange question but figured if anyone knows the answer it would be on here.

I have pretty much worn through the tubular webbing protector sleeves on my stage rigging clamps so I figured I would replace it with some regular tubular webbing. Yes I know DGX and some other sites sell it DGX Cylinder Clamp Sheathing ONLY but I need a decent amount of it, about 20ft so I don't really want to pay as much as DGX is charging.

The clamps I have are 5/8" wide so I was thinking to get 11/16" tubular webbing but I don't know; Is this the correct size to order?? Seems to be the same size as my older webbing but its are to measure my old webbings it very fuzzy and frayed all over. A quick google search and I came across this place that sells 11/16" but be for I ordered any I was wondering is the the correct size??
Tubular Nylon Webbing - Sterling 11/16" Spool t

Anyone have any experience with this? Also yes I check local REI to see if they had some that I could just buy a foot of to test but they only have 1" and nothing else.

1 inch is what I use now and it doesn't cause any issues. Goes on easy and over time it seems to actually shrink a little. I get mine from Strapworks. My first order from them I got was of the patterned for .63 per foot. Plain is .42 per foot.
https://www.strapworks.com/Nylon_Webbing_p/tnw1.htm

My Halcyon rigging and homemade rigging use 1" (measured flat) tubular webbing to fit the hose clamp inside. Any smaller might not fit over the worm gear end of the hose clamp. You might still need a slightly bigger tube piece to put over the whole end to keep it from snagging and to keep the dissimilar metals away from each other, like maybe sewing a piece of harness webbing.

I used to get mine from the climbing shop, or china

full.jpg

The DGX worm drive covers are magnifficent

I used to get mine from REI. 1/2" fits super snug over clamp and takes a little patience to get on. 1" is easier to use. Either works.

Back
Top Bottom