Tubataha liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Sherlock just said, we are headed back to the Philippines in March, 2012. Last time we were there, we did a land based/live aboard combo, and enjoyed the variety! We'll do the same thing again this time, staying land based at the beautiful Bahura Resort near Dumaguette for the great "macro" diving and Apo Island, too. Wow! We watched the mandarin fish mating dance as a shore dive 2 times, right in front of the resort. Incredible! Our second week will be the excitement of Tubbataha on the Atlantis Azores. Last time we saw lots of large pelagics including mantas, MANY reef sharks, marble and other rays, and more! I enjoyed the vast beauty of Tubbataha, very unique and exciting for our group. Nice group going on this trip, and as Sherlock said, we have 5 spaces left. (One couple cannot go due to illness, so I had better get the website changed!) Check out the website and let me know if I can help! Dive trips around the world | Dive & Travel Adventures.

It looks like we are going to stay land-based this trip (no availability on choice liveaboards and even if there was, our dates would have only left a couple of days on either side of liveaboard). Thanks for all the advice everyone. Assuming our land based trip goes well, perhaps we will plan wayyyyyy in advance and do Tubbataha and Doscol as a second Philippines trip in the future.

I didn't find Tubbataha to be that great a diving experience. Having dove all over the Philippines, I'd actually put it way down the list. .
+1
Was 2 times at Tubbataha - 2007 and 2011. At 2007 it was much better.
Borneo Explorer not so good boat , but in 2007 service was ok.
Oceanic Explorer (in 2011) is better one (cabins, etc.) but service was so-so.

Hi, me & my wife will be going with Mark on the Dschubba boat next April/May trip to Tubbataha and we are really looking forward to it.
PhilForus
This is his second boat.
Mark knows the place very very well.

I was just in Tubbataha in June aboard the Hans Christian Anderson. It was a great trip and great diving, lots of white tips, a silvertip, big tuna, huge schools of jacks, big school of bumphead parrotfish, four mantas. I was very satisfied with the diving, I just knew ahead of time that there wouldn't be any macro to speak of.

As for the boat, the cabins were clean and comfortable, the food was great, (all buffet style) and the staff really helpful and friendly handling everyone's gear and cameras (there were a lot of photographers on board). There is one (of four) chase boats that is a bit unstable, and the below deck lounge could be remodeled to a better layout, but overall I'd give them very good marks. One of the other guests was a boat manager for Expedition for one season and advised me not to use them. He felt the Hans Christian Anderson was the nicest boat working Tubbataha.

I'd recommend them to anyone.

Message me if you specific questions,

-Kip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom