Tsunami divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simple amazing.

If anyone has a lead on contacting these (or any other divers) who were in the area please let me know. This is obviously an amazing story and something scubaboard would like to help tell to the diving worl with a more technical and complete understanding then you would get via a major news network.

Tech Admin:
Simple amazing.

If anyone has a lead on contacting these (or any other divers) who were in the area please let me know. This is obviously an amazing story and something scubaboard would like to help tell to the diving worl with a more technical and complete understanding then you would get via a major news network.

I called local information for the listing of Laye Wachs, but she is not listed. Did an internet search and it found her, the same name and age, but you have to pay for the info. Will keep looking since I'm in the area she lives.

Called information on Eugene Kim, they gave me a number. I called but no answer, will try again later.

What I find kind of interesting, but not horribly surprising considering the mass amount of newsworthy information coming out of the area, is that we have not heard of any DCS effects of divers that got thrown around in the water column.
I read one story where a British diver was at about 50' and apparently the tsumani placed her up on a hill on land. That can't be a good thing.
So many amazing stories though, I'm glad as many people are around to tell them.

I posted this on another thread, but thought it might be helpful...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If some of you might be wondering about disaster relief, I thought I'd pass this along. For anyone wanting to contribute to the disaster relief of the tsunami victims, they can go to amazon.com and make a donation.
According to the website http://www.amazon.com 100% of the donations go directly to the Red Cross. This might be easier for those who have been wanting to contribute and already have an amazon account.

I'm sure all of you will agree that our heartfelt grief and condolences go out to all the families around the world who have been affected by this tragedy.

mars2u:
I posted this on another thread, but thought it might be helpful...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If some of you might be wondering about disaster relief, I thought I'd pass this along. For anyone wanting to contribute to the disaster relief of the tsunami victims, they can go to amazon.com and make a donation.
According to the website http://www.amazon.com 100% of the donations go directly to the Red Cross. This might be easier for those who have been wanting to contribute and already have an amazon account.
You can go directly to Redcross.org and donate directly with a credit card. No need for Amazon at all. International members, check your local organizations.

Back
Top Bottom