Tsunami aftermath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebunnie:
might be encouraging for you guys over there

Quote from some tourists : "This has always been a fabulous part of the world, but now it's paradise because it isn't full"

You are right, these are indeed encouraging words for us over here. We can dwell on the events that took place. I do think about it every day, though personally I was not hurt and was nowhere near the beach when it happened, but the people working in tourist areas need tourists to come back. I would say that divers are in the forefront of returning visitors. This week many liveaboards are going out full again after being half full at best during January. I'm sure I speak for all involved in diving in our area when I say a big Thank You to all who are coming or have come recently.

One final dwelling in the past for me..A customer of ours will be coming back tomorrow from the USA. His family was staying in Khao Lak, and while some of them were out diving on the 26th, his daughter stayed on the beach. She was among those who died. He is coming back now to claim her body. I hope to meet him, as the only contact we had before was by email.

You can read more about their family's story at www.4Kali.org.

clive francis:
perhaps i won't be buying land in Thailand after all :-(

Foreigners can't buy land there anyways :wink:

baragon:
Foreigners can't buy land there anyways :wink:

i know but it doesn't stop my wife

and you can in a round about way, set up a company and get it that way or find a Thai you can trust (sometimes hard, especially where large sums of money are involved) and put it in their name but you lease the land for 30 years and wirte into the contractr that you can renew the lease at end for a further 2 times, giving you the land for 90 years.

Back
Top Bottom