TSDT Cozumel Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking fror interest in a TSDT Cozumel trip for October 11-14. This is Columbus day. For some people this is a holiday.

I have a connection with a Hotel owner and I am looking at staying here right now the posted rate for a long weekend is $254 with dives. I may be able to get a better rate than that. I am aware this is the tail end of Hurricane season so it is a matter of take your chances. I'm sure we can set up deals with the dive op to dive as much as you wish.

The hotel only has 22 rooms so we would be maxed out at 44 people if you consider double occupancy. My department director goes there about 4 times a year he's enough reference for me.

What do yall think?

Tom

Coz is always fun! We've been there in October several times and it's worth the chance of bad weather. What do you consider a long weekend?

The Flamingo Hotel is a quaint place. It's on our list to try since LaCeiba is no longer our favorite spot. On the waterfront just north of the Plaza, it's ideally situated for divers to get to the main dock and non-divers to shop! Not to mention breakfast above the museum or Jean's waffles before the dive day starts. DocV has an excellent restaurant list!

Do you know anything about about the dive op they use, Aquatic Sports? Your link says they leave out of the harbour at El Presidente. It's located at the far south end of the island so is transportaion provided or will we have to take a cab back and forth? Can't we picked up closer to the hotel?

Personally I would prefer a dive op not affiliated with a hotel/resort.

Can we get just a hotel/air package and choose our own dive op? I can recommend several from personnal use.

This is a good idea :wink:

and I agree with Davida on Dive Ops. I like Aldora Divers best, they cater to more advanced divers, use steel 120's, Din valves (they convert your reg if you need it), and go early, get back early. I also like Caballitos Del Caribe and Dive with Martin, who has been subject to some controversy for inconsistency but I have always had good diving with them. With a group or our own divers, we could pretty much tell them where we want to dive. All three have fast boats with about 8 divers per boat, etc. Going from a hotel to the far end of the island would be a pain. Surely they'd pick us up, but I don't want to go on a cattle boat unless there's a lot of sun cover, our whole group on one boat, a head, and some dancing girls (and boys for the women). The hotel deal sounds good though. I'd like to stay there.

I have heard your concerns, I asked some questions and this was the reply.

There is another shop. If we want to do Nitrox we can.

We set the schedule and we set where we go.

If we go with aqua sports they pick up the taxi ride if they don't pick us up. (The taxi ride is only about $2)

Things are starting to get slow in October so they will cater to everything we want. Including lunch on the boat.

Tom

HOLEY SWAMP DIVERS BATMAN.....

Look who just surfaced. Thrilled to see you BLT. Jim would it be you or both you and the missus?

I am hoping I can get it all for under $550 ea. Thats air too.

Tom

(rub eyes) WOW! Talk about your blast from the past!!!

How ya been? Haven't heard from ya in a long while!

If this nice weather holds through next weekend, I'm headed to CSSP Saturday. (And dragging Tom along if possible). Wanna go diving?

Tom, when do you need an answer? I'd love to go, but after last year's fiasco I don't know about Barbara. I DO know she aint gonna let me hang out on some tropical beach without her supervision!

Originally posted by Texass
Tom, when do you need an answer? I'd love to go, but after last year's fiasco I don't know about Barbara. I DO know she aint gonna let me hang out on some tropical beach without her supervision!

What fiasco? Tell Barbara you'll be in the water not hanging out on some beach!

Tom...don't know why but I was thinking this Coz trip was in March or April. We might be able to go in October, especially if you can get airfare included for $550!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom