TSD Survey: Who are our technical deep divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am surprised I have to define this; but maybe it will help.
By technical, I mean peoples who dive with doubles on the back, carry one or more travel bottles / bailout bottles and at least one bottle must contain trimix gas suitable for diving at a depth greater than 129 ft. How's that?

C-

It is possible to dive below 129 feet without using Trimix. And most deco dives do not use travel bottles.

(I'm just playin with ya :wink: )

I guess you can put me on your list.

why is everyone giving me a hard time about this?
i thought i was asking a fairly simple, straightforward question.
and don't anyone dare try to answer this.

i will redefine, stipulate that a deep dive is any dive on a bottle of CO2 with a depth greater than 28.52168954327 feet but less than a depth of 68906.43216 feet.

i will redefine, stipulate that a deep dive is any dive on a bottle of CO2 with a depth greater than 28.52168954327 feet but less than a depth of 68906.43216 feet.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to define what your paramaters of "technical" mean.

By your definition, very few of my dives qualify as "technical," so my input will likely not be what you're looking for.

And I'll pass on the CO2 dive as well... :wink:

Sorry, I'm sitting here watching a terrible movie so I guess I am trying to give you just a little bit of a hard time. :popcorn:

That having been said I'll have to exclude myself from the list based on your definition. I have yet to make a dive on carbon dixodie. :no:

Who in their right mind would even thing of such risky dives in all that heavy gear.....doubles,,,,deco bottles,,,,trimix,,,,deep........... :shocked2: When you get a list, let us see it!!

Re: CO2 diving

Y'all are wise-en-heimers.

Richerso, I know what you meant :)

I have hit 173ffw off WP private.

I appoint texdiveguy as the President of The technical deep divers club after all he has been to 173ffw off WP private. By the way texdiveguy when you pulled off that dive, what was your complete dive plan.....gases used-volumes//deco schd.//dive run times//thermal wear specs.,,,,:D

Do not feel alone, I thought the same thing on my ISO thread.

Word of caution:
Keep a close eye on that texdiveguy I think he is the leader of the divers from comedy central.

Back
Top Bottom