TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, Aug. 25, 2015, while on a dive with me, her husband, Lynne failed to surface. The Coast Guard is still searching but it is highly unlikely of a successful rescue.

She had always told me that in the event of her death, she wanted all of the details to be made public. Unfortunately, there aren't any good details -- we had just descended, hit the expected current and then she was gone.

My condolences. I never knew her personally, but learned so much from her here on SB.
Praying for you and your family.

Lynne and her generosity will be so missed. Sharing her challenging experiences as a fledgling diver served as inspiration to so many others when they saw how far she advanced. And she also graciously shared her broad medical expertise here on ScubaBoard. What a loss!

No words - There but for the Grace of God go I. Peter, sending peace, strength, light and faith as you walk through this most tragic event. Prayers for Lynn and for you and your family Peter.

I am so, so sorry and saddened to hear this news.

Deeply shocked to hear this, my sincere condolences to Peter and the family.

If you have spent anytime reading Lynne's posts and are not touched by her loss, you have no heart. While I never met Lynne she would always respond to a PM. I'm heartbroken and saddened by this news.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Peter.

Stunned ... I'm having a real hard time accepting this.

Hoping for a miracle ... please, my dear friend ... come home.

Gonna go cry now ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Same here.

This is a very sad moment for many scuba divers. I was never fortunate to dive or meet Lynne, but her tutelage was very respected by me and others.

Many on internet forums know discussions can become flame wars quickly. Lynne was always the voice of reason and never judgmental. She was always a voice of reason, and the diving community as a whole has suffered a great loss today.

As I told my wife with tears in my eyes, she also had tears in hers. As much as she touched those she never met, she must have been an amazing person to those who had personal contact.

I am not one to pray, but I feel for those she has touched left behind… Tonight I do mourn the loss more than I even thought I would. Peter, my thoughts are with you and the loss you feel.

With tears in my eyes, I mourn Lynne's passing...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom