TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

God bless you both.

Only 24 hours and already 13 pages of condoleances...Lynn was very special and meant a lot to many of us. It's a sad day. All my prayers and thoughts are with her family

Bakary

I am stunned. I woke up to an email from my GF notifying me of this. Hoping that she is not gone. Merely sitting on a rock, wet, cold, tired, and waiting to be picked up. We don't always see eye to eye. But we have liked a number of each others posts many, many times and exchanged numerous PM's over the last ten years. As well as meeting at DEMA the last time in Orlando at the HOG party.
Peter, I sent you my number via Facebook message. Anytime.

So terribly sad. My deepest sympathies. Let your friends and family support you.

Today, Aug. 25, 2015, while on a dive with me, her husband, Lynne failed to surface. The Coast Guard is still searching but it is highly unlikely of a successful rescue.

She had always told me that in the event of her death, she wanted all of the details to be made public. Unfortunately, there aren't any good details -- we had just descended, hit the expected current and then she was gone.

Oh God, Peter.....

What can I do for you?

Rob

Shocked and speechless. Sending you and her positive energy! I am so terribly sorry!

In shock as I read all of this. Like many, I'd never met Lynn, but yet felt like I knew her. Such an amazing, helpful, humble person. My thoughts and prayers go out to Peter and those closest to Lynn. This is really hard to accept.

Terrible news for all of the diving world. Lynn was a ray of sunshine, a voice of reason and always willing to provide help to anyone asking. I met Lynn a couple of times when she was learning to cave dive.

I too am hoping the helicopter finds her floating and waving for a pick-me-up this morning.

Back
Top Bottom