TS Debby - Flight Effects?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope it brings rain to central TX!
Yeah, even if it's mostly horizontal rain @ 90 mph! :shocked2:

Seriously DM, no one knows what the weather will be in Dallas or Houston in a week, other than general trends - and depending on which way she turns? We can talk about it all week, and probably will, but it'll be Wednesday or Thursday before they have any real idea where she will go ashore by the current forecasts.

If it makes Cat-1 as expected, airlines will announce free change options sooner. Anyone connecting in Dallas or Houston should check as their flight approaches, going to Coz or home.

You did all buy trip insurance, right...?? :wink: If not, Kayak.com is a good site for finding airport hotel deals if you expect to get stuck in one as airlines don't pay for weather related delays. When the time to decide comes, best to just stay at home or Coz for a day or two and adjust accordingly.

Or she may not affect flights much at all...?

7am edit: Why am I awake at this hour on Sunday...? :silly:

Oh look, now she's going to skirt New Orleans, then wait until Friday to hit Houston - maybe. :confused: Dr.Masters didn't think she'd ever make Cat-1, and she hasn't yet - altho currently forecast to do so. The computer models don't agree at all tho, currently giving 5 different options from Tampa to [-]Brownsville[/-] Houston. noon edit: Ok, so the Brownsville model moved to join the other Texas model making 2 for Houston, 1 for Louisiana, 2 for north of Tampa now, and - if you were to look close enough, there is actually a 6th model that shows it going nowhere much for 5 days...? 3pm edit: Now the forecast shows it landing on New Orleans, but 4 out of 6 computer models show it going for Florida, 1 staying in place, 1 for Texas. Not much agreement. 4pm edit: Now they think it'll head inland on Florida.

at201204_model.gif

Last edited:
Coz airport arrivals & departures were normal all day yesterday, 23 June. This morning's United from IAH is the only flight showing a delay (20 mins.) at this hour. Zero cancellations thus far.

We will be flying out of Houston next Saturday to Cancun. This storm better not f me up. Got no trip insurance, flying on the starboard wing, two back packs each, 3 fanny packs and wearing all pairs of underwear for the week.

Track it is taking is perfect! Let it break up on LA....... :) Hope it comes up to AR, we need the rain!

I'm updating my post with the computer models above. Now the forecast shows it landing on New Orleans, but 4 out of 5 computer models show it going for Florida. Not much agreement.

Track it is taking is perfect! Let it break up on LA....... :) Hope it comes up to AR, we need the rain!
So does Texas. I hope New Orleans is okay for Cat-1.

We will be flying out of Houston next Saturday to Cancun. This storm better not f me up. Got no trip insurance, flying on the starboard wing, two back packs each, 3 fanny packs and wearing all pairs of underwear for the week.
You have got to post pics...!!

Looks like she is heading the other way - yay!

On a side note, I found this link - it is an interactive radar loop for Cozumel. Pretty cool for checking the actual weather:

Intellicast - Weather Active Map

Great link to bookmark!

I hope it brings rain to central TX!

I read an article that this June has be the driest June in the last 60 year, or something like that. When I read that, my first thought was drier than last JUne.

Yeah, even if it's mostly horizontal rain @ 90 mph! :shocked2:

I am willing to risk other parts of TX if central TX can get rain. :rofl3:

Looks like she is heading the other way - yay!

On a side note, I found this link - it is an interactive radar loop for Cozumel. Pretty cool for checking the actual weather:

Intellicast - Weather Active Map

Great link to bookmark!

Nice find!!!

Reactions: Jax
Trade you.....
I'm in Tampa Florida and it has been 10" of rain in 3 days,
and tornado activity all this afternoon.
Be careful for what you ask for.

We will take it up here is Colorado. Before the whole state burns up.

Feelin for you Florida folks! They are saying 2' + of rain before it goes away!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom