Trying to close Sharks Cove to commercial operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadrewvideo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Aloha fellow divers,
The North Shore Neighborhood Board recently voted to close the Pupukea Marine Life Conservation District (sharks cove to Waimea) to commercial operations and lift the ban on Akule fishing.
Akule fishing is shore casting with a whipping motion and is currently allowed at Waimea beach for those who don't know.
They are submitting this vote result to the DLNR in effort to have the regulations changed.

We as divers, commercial operators or not, need to be heard on this matter! Unless you want to find more tangled turtles and increase your chances of getting snagged while diving out of the elevator!

If you wish to help wih this, please email the DLNR attention Peter Young -Director

We just need to let the DLNR know that the fisherman on the north shore aren't the only ones with a voice.

I just tried to e-mail them, but got a msg saying it failed delivery. Is that the correct address?

Try this link to the DLNR and put "Attention Peter Young"

You may copy this text if you wish

Dear Mr Young,
Please leave the current rules and regulations in place for the Pupukea MLCD regarding commercial operations and akule fishing.
Mahalo,

Thanks for the heads up about the email link!!!

Drew

Hi Drew!

will do.

That's the suckiest suck that ever sucked! We need more MLCDs not less!

Drew, where did you hear this?

What we need is to stop those people from netting schools of fish. I fish from shore. I spear fish. I scuba dive. All I have to say is that Nets suck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom