Truk Lagoon 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaman67

Registered
Reaction score
trying to put together a group of Hawaiians to go on the odyssey live-aboard in Truk Lagoon. Looking at Oct 16-23 2005. Let me know if you're interested..

Put me down for two please. I think Im gonna be cough cough sick that week. :)

any more information? Do you have a link to the boat?

We will be on the Odyssey live-aboard. You can check out their website at www.trukodyssey.com. I've got a few confirmed on the trip already, I'm lookin to take fifteen total. The cost for the trip is $2,395 per person double occupancy. This does not include airfare. I've organized these types of trips before and I've found that a lot of folks have frequent flyer miles galore. There are also a few incidental costs on top of airfare. The folks that went on the trip last year said they spent a little under 4000 for the entire trip. they were all flying from Hawaii.. feel free to pm me if you guys have any further ques.. thanks

We are heading to Truk in November. What kind of wet suit did you use. Is 3mil suffeciant?

scubaman67:
trying to put together a group of Hawaiians to go on the odyssey live-aboard in Truk Lagoon. Looking at Oct 16-23 2005. Let me know if you're interested..

Isn't there a resort close to Truk Lagoon? Aare all dives on Truk liveaboards?

RobN:
We are heading to Truk in November. What kind of wet suit did you use. Is 3mil suffeciant?

No wetsuit is needed at Truk. Wear a rash suit or supersuit to protect your skin from scratches if you feel you need it.

Last time I was in Truk I wore shorts and a t-shirt.

The Truk Continental hotel is one (only?) hotel on land.

Just friendly reminder.... The wrecks at Truk are all war graves. Please treat them as such.

RobN:
Aloha all, sorry for the late reply, been overcome by events.. yes 3 mm wetsuit sufficient, maybe even overkill.. I usually go on a live-aboard and do way too many dives to go with just shorts on.. I understand that there are resorts in Truk, but the folks that travel with me insisted on booking the Odyssey, I think that they're looking for high pamper factor.. Still a few spots open on the trip, feel free to email me if you have any ques.. happy diving

I was doing 4-5 dives a day in shorts and t-shirt.... If anything I was more comfortable than when I was diving a 1mm on the first day.

The water was about 25-30C at 40-50m..... the suit was just annoying during my surface interval.

Boyancy and control is the issue..... If you brush bare skin against fire coral, you'll know about it.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom