TRUK and YAP in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well let's see now, one that comes to mind happened in a little place called MeLi and it involved a guy named Calli.

pilot fish:
Atrocities? What atrocities are you referrring to?

Semper Fi

That's why I love the dive community so much. They range from ditch diggers to doctors but underwater we're all the same. :)

+Jon+:
A diver is a diver, and underwater were all air breathing aliens :p

+Jon+:
Many Japanese dive truk, I suggest you check your "baggage" at customs. Your own country does not have such a spotless record after all. A diver is a diver, and underwater were all air breathing aliens :p

"I will respect the wrecks I dive on because those poor souls did not commit atrocities but were victims of their expanionist Country. I can't help but carry some bagagge from what I know of history, but it is not for me to judge. That has already occured"

My history baggage will be checked at customs and will treat each diver as brother and each wreck as a shrine.

And they would be correct, if we had done that on an innocent Country that was asleep in their beds, as we were on Dec 7th 1941. It would also be correct if we had not given them ample warning and time to surrender.It is none the less horrrible and sad, and I wish it all had never taken place. We did not strike the first blow.

I agree the Odyssey or Thorfin is probably the best way to do Truk but I will be traveling alone and can not share a cabin.

Kevrumbo:
Some Japanese would say the fire-bombing of Tokyo, or the dropping of the Atomic Bombs were WWII atrocities (doesn't matter anyway --call it "The Victor's Justice". The Pacific Theater was America's War and was won with a strategy as we saw fit).

The best way to do Chuuk is the Truk Odyssey Liveaboard; they actually motor over to the wrecks were you can have more dives per day than traveling over from a land based operation. Excellent Tech and Gas mixing support (only downside is that it's too expensive to ship Helium out there to use): http://www.trukodyssey.com/tech.html

Unfortunately, Truk Odyssey is booked solid years in advance. However, if traveling by yourself and are willing to share a cabin, I would still try to call them for a chance availability or cancellation.

Jim Kerr:
Well let's see now, one that comes to mind happened in a little place called MeLi and it involved a guy named Calli.

That was not WWII or Iraq, Jim ,but I get your point.

Good! Now try and have a good time when you're there.

pilot fish:
That was not WWII or Iraq, Jim ,but I get your point.

pilot fish:
And they would be correct, if we had done that on an innocent Country that was asleep in their beds, as we were on Dec 7th 1941. It would also be correct if we had not given them ample warning and time to surrender.It is none the less horrrible and sad, and I wish it all had never taken place. We did not strike the first blow.

I agree the Odyssey or Thorfin is probably the best way to do Truk but I will be traveling alone and can not share a cabin.
Pilot Fish, just call and check with the Liveaboards anyway . . .you just might get lucky and maybe get a cabin all to yourself (I got one for my trip three years ago). . .:wink:

Kevrumbo:
Pilot Fish, just call and check with the Liveaboards anyway . . .you just might get lucky and maybe get a cabin all to yourself (I got one for my trip three years ago). . .:wink:

From your lips to God's ears, Kev. :) That would be nice indeed. I'm never that damn lucky. Let me follow your advice and at least ask. I suppose I can cancel the Hotel this far in advance? Would liveaboards know their capacity this far in advance?

Back
Top Bottom