Trujillo, honduras diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdmaize

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello fellow divers,
I am taking a cruise in a couple weeks and will be stopping in Trujillo for a few hours. I can't seem to find a lot of good info on diving out of Trujillo... is it worth it or should i do a land based thing instead? I will be diving Cozumel and am deciding between Belize and Trujillo...

Thanks for any guidance

Merissa

I don't actually think there's any diving there yet.

It's was a small little village until someone put in a private cruise port recently - like last year. Claim to fame is the Columbus landed there first.
Norwegian Cruise Line Ship First Big Ship to Visit Honduras' Banana Coast - Various

So go with Belize. Specifically Hugh Parkey's if they work with your cruise line since they'll pick you up off the ship while everyone else tenders in.

Between the latter 2---I'd definitely go with Belize......

I don't actually think there's any diving there yet.

It's was a small little village until someone put in a private cruise port recently - like last year. Claim to fame is the Columbus landed there first.
Norwegian Cruise Line Ship First Big Ship to Visit Honduras' Banana Coast - Various

So go with Belize. Specifically Hugh Parkey's if they work with your cruise line since they'll pick you up off the ship while everyone else tenders in.

It probably still is a smallish village... Sea Sports Belize is the only operator I can seem to find in Belize City (where we are docking)... Is there another?

Sea Sports Belize is the only operator I can seem to find in Belize City (where we are docking)... Is there another?
Hugh Parkey's Dive Connection handles cruise ship diving for some of the other lines that go there. I don't think you're docking either - unless it's a real small ship, the other cruise ships moor out and everyone is tendered in. Parkey's has an arrangement with some of the lines to pick up directly off the boat.

i just checked oh hugh parkey... i emailed them last week and haven't heard back... emailed them again today so i am awaiting a reply. Thanks for your help.... (and i didn't mean actually docking... i meant thats where we would be in Belize :))

---------- Post added February 18th, 2015 at 03:15 PM ----------

i just checked oh hugh parkey... i emailed them last week and haven't heard back... emailed them again today so i am awaiting a reply. Thanks for your help.... (and i didn't mean actually docking... i meant thats where we would be in Belize :))

I've been diving, non-recreationally, in and around Trujillo Bay.

If if the choice is between that and Belize, I would take an easily decided pass on Trujillo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom