Question Truefins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those following this thread, it has been suggested by several that we should reach out to some divers here to gain exposure of this product to the diving community. I think that makes sense, and would like to give away six sets in the interest of getting some video to see what happens.

I would like the focus to primarily be on frog kicking, and if the video is good enough Truefin will probably post it on the Truefin website or somewhere. Videos would enable evaluation of the Truefin frog kicking performance in the context of the user's frog kicking technique. This could be a learning experience for Truefin, as well as for those divers interested in perfecting their frog kicking technique.

Anyway, if you have good frog kicking technique and are size men's 9-13 (depending on bootie), and are willing to provide video (probably easiest just to mail a flash drive), where the frog kicking video would demonstrate the long glide distance possible with Truefin from a single frog kick, then the first six divers interested would be mailed a free pair of Large Truefin with four Blue and four Green spines.

Use either Blue or Green spines. Green are designed specifically for frog kicking, but they actually also give the most powerful flutter kick if you have the power to exert thrust during the flutter return stroke. A more advanced set up which we have found slightly improves frog kick glide distances requires the user to install a Blue spine at the big toe, and a Green spine at the little toe. This configuration somewhat compensates for those having difficulty twisting or canting their ankle during the pushing away power frog kick, but it results in a right and a left fin. An image showing both Green and a Blue spines installed during this configuration is at the top of the home page of

The submitted video does not need to be more than two minutes long. However, it must be in relatively still water so that there is no influence from current. Ocean, lake, or pool. Hopefully the water will be somewhat clear, but that is not a big deal because in open water there is always an issue with turbidity. I don't care if it takes six months to get a video.

We have some frog kicking video at:

but would like to get more frog kicking video.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post in this thread your interest so that this forum can openly keep track whether any fins remain for this test. We may repeat this test later with another six pair if we actually get some video out of this. Please be confident in you frog kicking ability.

By the way, I'll just add that I am a not a scuba diver and I am a poor frog kicker. It seems to require conditioning as well as being a learned technique.

For the frog kicking video, it can be during scuba diving, or just snorkel or freediving.

We'll see where this goes, but thought I'd just throw this offer out there. Feel free to direct message me, but I prefer a public post so I don't have to come on here and say all six pair have been secretly spoken for.

A final note, we will ship the pair anywhere in the world if you are a member here and publicly expressed interest in this thread, and also that I have acknowledged that we'll send you a pair. I don't care about the cost of shipping, I just want to get some good frog kicking video which demonstrates the potential of Truefin. Locally we have had a Sheriff rescue diver indicate that he gets the longest frog kick glide distance with Truefin as compared to any other fins he has ever used, but I don't have a video of that. Prove him right.

Oh,, also, another note, the fins will have a blue chassis (substrate). Those were manufactured during a factory error and there is no difference in performance other that the color of the substrate. We have several hundred of those and if we are caught low on inventory of the white substrate fins then they will be sold as a limited production item. Below is a picture of the blue substrate fins equipped with Yellow spines. This picture is also at truefintechnical under the 'finning' tab.

Regards,
Joe Maresh
IMG_20221113_152317_426.jpg
/Oregon

Hey Joe. That’s a great offer. I’d like to try out the Truefin and would be happy to supply video in return. I recently injured my ankle carrying tanks after a dive and frog kicking and powerful flutter in current or kicking to the ladder is a bit painful. I’m really interested in what Truefin offers to help in the moments.

Hey Joe. That’s a great offer. I’d like to try out the Truefin and would be happy to supply video in return. I recently injured my ankle carrying tanks after a dive and frog kicking and powerful flutter in current or kicking to the ladder is a bit painful. I’m really interested in what Truefin offers to help in the moments.

astr0b0y

Great. There's no rush for a video, let yourself heel before pushing it. I'm going to add Yellow spines to these six sets that will be going out.

We've had handicapped divers use Truefin, and one or two of those reviews are at the commerce site Truefin . Yellow might work best for you while you just flutter kick while heeling because they have the greatest angle of attack. When you get around to frog kicking, the most important video is with fins equipped exclusively with Green spines.

If you have a chance, it would be interesting to see a frog kicking video with hybrid Green/Blue fins. Don't feel you need to do that video, but at some point you may want to experiment with that. With a hybrid fin set up, imagine during frog kicking the Green spine at your little toe stays perfectly straight during the push away frog kick, while the Blue spine at your big toe flexes toward you head,,, that's why that Blue/Green combo works slightly better during canted frog kicks than just Green spines exclusively.

The flutter angle of attack is the same for Green/Blue, so that is why Green/Blue works together well during optimization of the fin for frog kicking. A Green/Yellow combo is not recommended for most people because the angle of attack during the flutter power kick is different and your feet will not kick parallel.

By the way, that Sheriff rescue swimmer I mentioned was just using Blue spines. We just figured all rescue swimmers were only doing flutter kicks and that's why we recommended Blue for him.

Direct message me your shipping address, and within three days we'll get these shipped to you. I'll message you with a tracking number. You're just starting winter so hope the water is not too cold. Considering you have an injury we'll use relatively fast shipping.

Details bother me,,, I had to log in just for this-
Heal not heel... Didn't know 'heeling' was a word-
especially, of a boat or ship, to lean temporarily (as from the action of wind or waves)
kept heeling to the left, heeling the sloop well over and skimming her along to windward—K. M. Dodson

For those following this thread, it has been suggested by several that we should reach out to some divers here to gain exposure of this product to the diving community. I think that makes sense, and would like to give away six sets in the interest of getting some video to see what happens.

I would like the focus to primarily be on frog kicking, and if the video is good enough Truefin will probably post it on the Truefin website or somewhere. Videos would enable evaluation of the Truefin frog kicking performance in the context of the user's frog kicking technique. This could be a learning experience for Truefin, as well as for those divers interested in perfecting their frog kicking technique.

Anyway, if you have good frog kicking technique and are size men's 9-13 (depending on bootie), and are willing to provide video (probably easiest just to mail a flash drive), where the frog kicking video would demonstrate the long glide distance possible with Truefin from a single frog kick, then the first six divers interested would be mailed a free pair of Large Truefin with four Blue and four Green spines.

Use either Blue or Green spines. Green are designed specifically for frog kicking, but they actually also give the most powerful flutter kick if you have the power to exert thrust during the flutter return stroke. A more advanced set up which we have found slightly improves frog kick glide distances requires the user to install a Blue spine at the big toe, and a Green spine at the little toe. This configuration somewhat compensates for those having difficulty twisting or canting their ankle during the pushing away power frog kick, but it results in a right and a left fin. An image showing both Green and a Blue spines installed during this configuration is at the top of the home page of

The submitted video does not need to be more than two minutes long. However, it must be in relatively still water so that there is no influence from current. Ocean, lake, or pool. Hopefully the water will be somewhat clear, but that is not a big deal because in open water there is always an issue with turbidity. I don't care if it takes six months to get a video.

We have some frog kicking video at:

but would like to get more frog kicking video.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post in this thread your interest so that this forum can openly keep track whether any fins remain for this test. We may repeat this test later with another six pair if we actually get some video out of this. Please be confident in you frog kicking ability.

By the way, I'll just add that I am a not a scuba diver and I am a poor frog kicker. It seems to require conditioning as well as being a learned technique.

For the frog kicking video, it can be during scuba diving, or just snorkel or freediving.

We'll see where this goes, but thought I'd just throw this offer out there. Feel free to direct message me, but I prefer a public post so I don't have to come on here and say all six pair have been secretly spoken for.

A final note, we will ship the pair anywhere in the world if you are a member here and publicly expressed interest in this thread, and also that I have acknowledged that we'll send you a pair. I don't care about the cost of shipping, I just want to get some good frog kicking video which demonstrates the potential of Truefin. Locally we have had a Sheriff rescue diver indicate that he gets the longest frog kick glide distance with Truefin as compared to any other fins he has ever used, but I don't have a video of that. Prove him right.

Oh,, also, another note, the fins will have a blue chassis (substrate). Those were manufactured during a factory error and there is no difference in performance other that the color of the substrate. We have several hundred of those and if we are caught low on inventory of the white substrate fins then they will be sold as a limited production item. Below is a picture of the blue substrate fins equipped with Yellow spines. This picture is also at truefintechnical under the 'finning' tab.

Regards,
Joe Maresh
View attachment 784898/Oregon
Joe,

I would love the opportunity to try out TrueFins. Sending you a video of the results would be a small price to pay!

Joe,

I would love the opportunity to try out TrueFins. Sending you a video of the results would be a small price to pay!

L13

Thanks. I'll assume you'll fit men's 9-13 foot pocket. If correct, direct message me your ship to address and these will get out within 3 days.

Regards,
Joe

Four of six sets still available in trade for a 2 minute video while frog kicking.

To clarify a matter, as stated on the technical website -

<if you exclusively use long freediving fins during diving activities, and particularly if the freediving fins have a full foot pocket and you tend to kick more with your knees rather than at your hips, then Truefin is not recommended as a superior replacement.>

I'll just add that I don't know what the difference is while kicking with knees versus hips while using long freediving fins. With regular length scuba fins, I think kicking with ones knees would generally be called a modified flutter kick, and Truefin works good for that.

Hi Joe!

I would like the opportunity to try out TrueFin's, and would happily send you a video.

I would DM you, but I'm too new.

Welcome to Scubaboard.

A first question is will the size large fit you? We are currently only manufacturing large, with medium next up.

tf large size L.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom