True Minimalism

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
I guess I do not fully understand Hogarthianism or whatever that is. Never heard of it? I have though in recent years taken up all sorts of taboo diving practices. I dive solo. I have ditched my BC. I have eliminated all but one 2nd stage, no octupus, no nothing. I have stopped using the latest high tech computer and have gone back to my Princeton Techtonics analog bottom timer and my dive watch and the Navy Tables. I don't use a weight belt in warm water with just a lycra skin or 0 bouyancy garment and if I do use weights I attach them to my harness. I never liked snorkels even for free diving so that is gone too. My small knife clips to my back pack harness and there is no crotch strap! I have taken up with full foot fins as well. I have become the antithesis of dive shops. I don't care if PADI likes it. Yes, I guess if I go to a resort and dive on the cattle boats I have to play the game but even then I use as little equipment as possible. Lately over the last few years I have taken note that others are doing this as well. Is this a real trend? No equipemnt? No tech? N
The trend is to go naked and grow gills.

J.S.. thanks for the tip. When I was a teenager I did try to build a gill system after reading about one in the PM magazine. It was a dismal failure, trying to use the osmotic membrane from a water softner just didn't cut the mustard! But, the good news is that diving naked is a lot of fun and it does fit with my minimalistic approach. I guess I should have been more clear in an earlier post in this thread about the tourist divers on the cattle boat whose eyes popped out when I paddled up beside them on my kayak five or so miles offshore. Uh, well, I best leave the rest to your your active imagination. Thanks. Nemrod

I have to say that leaves the realm of Hogarthian and enters the world of minimalist mysticism..... Can't say much more than :dropmouth

Ummmm,
Michael S.
go look, I just posted a new thread that explains it.
G

Michael Schlink:
Hey is anyone going to tell Nemrod who Bill Main is etc. etc.?? Where are all the links and such?
Me thinks that would be an effort in futility.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom