Trouble With Low Profile Apeks Valve on DUI Suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, you mean the newer suit already comes with the newer valve? When did you get the replacement with the newer valve?

scubadobadoo:
With the newer low profile valves now installed on my DUI's I can do this too. I couldn't before. I had to practically beat the valve with my octo to get the thing to vent. LOL.

It's not the proper way to do it. Mark at Superior will tell you the same thing. It can be done, but the chance of a leak is fairly good. The hole required for the Apeks valve in the drysuit is larger.

lamont:
worked fine for me too as a drop in...

hoosier:
So, you mean the newer suit already comes with the newer valve? When did you get the replacement with the newer valve?

The new suits already come with the upgraded valve. I picked my TLS350 up last week and had seen this thread and that is one of the things I made my LDS confirm was that it was the new Apeks valve. Our tech guy even checked it out for me to make sure it was the new design. I don't know how long ago they started though.

darylm74:
The new suits already come with the upgraded valve. I picked my TLS350 up last week and had seen this thread and that is one of the things I made my LDS confirm was that it was the new Apeks valve. Our tech guy even checked it out for me to make sure it was the new design. I don't know how long ago they started though.
How will I know if it is the newer valve that won't leak?

smb1014:
How will I know if it is the newer valve that won't leak?

I talked with the tech at my LDS and he explained why the older valves were leaking and explained why this one wouldn't. They had also done some upgrades to other people's suits due to the problem. Personally I haven't seen the older valve and could not give any distinguishing outer characteristics to say here is the difference between them. My suggestion is to take it to your LDS and have their tech look at it. I would assume that DUI would replace the valve for free or a minimal price since it is effectively a faulty valve, however don't quote me on that.

Thanks for your info... You DOES save my trouble to search and confirm it.:wink:

darylm74:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom