Trouble With Low Profile Apeks Valve on DUI Suits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My buddy also had leaking problems with his Apeks low profile (suit is about 1 year old) -- he sent it back to DUI and they replaced it with a Si-tech...no charge.

I have the Si Tech low profile on the new suit I bought a year ago...so far so good

You should be able to get DUI to supply/replace it. I now at least 2 divers around here who have.

I am wondering if Si-tech valve is a kind of additional $$ when you ordered the new suit?
As I know, the stock suit comes with low profile Apeks valve. If they ought to replace the leak valve under the warranty service, isn't it better to have Apeks valve replaced with Si-tech one before shipping out from DUI?

On both DUI suits that I have I had to take apart the valve and clean out the silicon glue. It's a pain to get the valve off, but in both cases I found a small wad of the stuff that made the valve leak. I haven't had problems with it since.

Should problably mention that this issue isn't unique to DUI ... I have Apeks LP valves on all three of my drysuits (Diving Concepts, Northern Diver, DUI) and they all leak slightly.

Not enough to make me want to send the suit back or anything ... if you close the valve about 3 clicks from fully-open, leakage will either stop completely or be so minimal as to not even be noticeable with a decent undergarment.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

my new dui suit (received in april) has a lowprofile valve thats caused 0 problems so far.

You can just specify the high profile Apeks from the start at no additional cost.

hoosier:
I am wondering if Si-tech valve is a kind of additional $$ when you ordered the new suit?
As I know, the stock suit comes with low profile Apeks valve. If they ought to replace the leak valve under the warranty service, isn't it better to have Apeks valve replaced with Si-tech one before shipping out from DUI?

I had this problem and solved it by keeping the valve closed and using the manual dump -- easy solution and there are real advantages to the lower profile. Recently I had a zipper replaced and for some strange reason the problem does not exist anymore (hmmm...)

Jerry

I use tall Apeks and NO problems...

I have 4 drysuits and 6 valves. The other two are on RB's..

can anyone post a picture of the difference in these valves? I just got a new DUI suit and I have no idea the valve brand. They have a DUI sticker on them.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom