Trouble doffing SiTech Glove Lock QCP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decidedlyodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd been thinking about transitioning to dry gloves for a while. After diving Clear Lake, Oregon last weekend with a balmy 38F water temperature, it reminded me that I really didn't want to go another winter with wet gloves.

I just picked up two sets of the SiTech Glove Lock QCP dry glove system along with some Atlas 495 gloves for my partner and I. On the test dive yesterday, they worked great. No more cold hands!

However, we then spent what seemed like about 20 minutes in the Cove 2 parking lot trying our darndest to doff them. The locking ring would just not turn. Right as I was about to cut the gloves off with my shears, I finally got one off, then the other through sheer use of force. I've been fiddling with them today at home. Donning them takes a pretty decent amount of force to get them to click too. There's lubricant already on the surface mentioned in the maintenance instructions and adding more today didn't seem to make it any easier to twist on/off.

Does anybody know if this is normal or if it will get better with more use? The DRIS video makes it look much, much easier than my experience:

Last edited:
I found it a little challenging when i first used them but then I got the hang of it. This is a great reliable system which a lot of our divers go with. I think you'll get the hang of it.

The other night I twisted the glove ring on and off about 10 times in a row to help break it in. For the dive we went on last night, they went on and came off much, much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom