Tropical Storm Fay, any issues for Caymans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I leave Tuesday am for Brac and then LC, any issues currently on the islands with wind, rain or viz issues from storm? Thanks

I agree with sixGears. There was very little wind today in East End - less than average in fact. Viz was poor though, by Cayman standards: 60' - 70'.

Maybe Grand Cayman is not getting much weather but just heard from a friend on LC, that her dives were cancelled today! Not sure if conditions were worse there or not but she and her friend arrived there yesterday, today was cancelled and tomorrow is questionable. Good thing she will be meeting us in Brac for Wed thru Sat diving! thanks for the replies.

If they cancel on LC it is likely due to the wind and getting the boats out of the cut.

Your diving should be fine. Fay will be long gone by then.

However, depending on where the storm goes, you may have airline issues in the USA, but hopefully you will get out of the USA before that happens.

Talked to my daughter on Cayman Brac last night. (Sunday) She said that the govt. had shut down the boats yesterday but they could have gone out the weather was nice.
I think you'll be fine.

Tuesday evening conditions at 7pm Cayman time:

Current temperature 83F, 76% humidity.

Wind is 2mph from the South..."gusting" to a whopping 7mph in the last hour.

That's a quiet, "hot" (humid) evening on the Brac.

There's still no webcams, but there's now a live weather feed from the Brac.

Website is here. Brac fans will be bookmarking it in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2..

Enjoy.

-hh

Back
Top Bottom