Tropical diving in Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha, drove by the turn off to this attraction yesterday. Forgot that there was supposed to be Scuba activities there.

Looking at Google Earth it doesn't look like much has happened. Plant life has returned to the berms and no equipment in sight.
That is from Sept 2016.
It's shy of the proposed 200 feet in diameter, closer to 170 and 80 at the bottom.

Ditto...I too would love an update.
(I am on an island half way between Hawaii and New Zealand.)

If anyone comes across this thread looking for an update from the Colorado Gator Farm I reached out to them today and this was their response:

"Our area was in drought and we had to drain it. We allowed some employees to dive in it. We were working on filtration during summer. We are going to try and give it another shot if it happens we will be sure and post."

More than a year ago I asked a member of the family that owns it, and he told me they had a lot of issues building it, especially do to the water table. He acted as if the project was over, although he did not say that in so many words.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom