Trivia question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made my first dive. :dancingsnoopy:

Yay! Kuddos to you! How did that not make national history? Well at least it now made SB history! :)

Have you been diving pretty much ever since or did you take a break for a few years during that time?

99% of it.
60-62 it was learn as you go and not die adventure
62 got NAUI certified
64-70 Navy salvage repair diver
70-76 back to recreation diving
76 to now PSD

It's been a cool ride

I celebrated my 3rd birthday! :D

Is that back in the day when they had the hose attached to the sewn leather back? It only allowed a couple of minutes of air?

Not impressive, just getting old.:wink:

Back when I started double hose regs were the norm, dry suits were a much different special item, masks were mostly round, watches, cameras, weights and most other special items were diy, zippers were all metal, and the BC was non existent. Fins were either floppy little pool toys or so stiff you could drive a nail with them and most tanks were discarded or stolen fire extinguishers. Computers were something NASA had, going green was what happened to most of the gear and tables were something you sat at and drank beer on. Classes weren’t busted up into dozens of pay as you go specialties and most people failed the classes. My class was expensive at $25.00 and they were the good old days.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom