Question Triton CCR DSV & hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeapFrogV

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could share some of their knowledge on this. I was wondering if the Triton chest mount can have it's dsv and hoses easily replaced with a different brand, and if anyone has done this or knows the diameter of the fittings on the loop hoses. Looking at some of the pictures of the unit it appears like it would be pretty simple given the nature of the fittings, just curious if there is anything known about ease of it and maybe parts that would fit.

Attached are the connections to the unit, it looks pretty simple in theory.

Thank you,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.26.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.26.32 AM.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.26.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.26.43 AM.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.27.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 1.27.06 AM.png
    326 KB · Views: 99
Hi,
they are standard hose clamps, should be easy to replace.
Unfortunately I don't have a good measuring device, the inner diameter is approx. 35 mm, the outer diameter approx. 43 mm. The O-ring has a diameter of approx. 41 mm.

On the picture you can see it in detail, the custom bungee is home made and not standard.

BTW, my Triton is for sale on Facebook Rebreathers for sale.

Attachments

• PXL_20231118_100256876.jpg
    PXL_20231118_100256876.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi,

All I can say is I've never heard of anyone doing it. I know some people shortened the hoses, though. What I'm sure of is it won't be approved by the manufacturer.

Just sheer curiosity of my part, but why do you want to do change hoses and DSV ?

Hi,
they are standard hose clamps, should be easy to replace.
Unfortunately I don't have a good measuring device, the inner diameter is approx. 35 mm, the outer diameter approx. 43 mm. The O-ring has a diameter of approx. 41 mm.

On the picture you can see it in detail, the custom bungee is home made and not standard.

BTW, my Triton is for sale on Facebook Rebreathers for sale.
What's your reason for sale please? I'm looking at CM units but not comfortable buying os of UK.

I now dive a Fathom mCCR. Thats why I am sellling the Triton.
The Triton is actually a good machine, but I didn't like the Monox because you have to change the setpoint during the dive using the one-button menu. The Monox hud shows green when 0.4 around the setpoint, otherwise red (configurable between 0.1 and 0.4). So I wanted to replace the Monox with a Shearwater hud, but M3S does not support this kind of change on a CE version. Also I am not good at crafting my own solutions.
Now on the Fathom I have a Petrel and a 3-led Hud exactly how I want it. Sadly only a Petrel 2, the Petrel 3 vibration alarm on the Triton was excellent.

My buddy said the same of the Monox tbh, shame it's not more customisable

Funny everybody's complaining about the Monox. I'm not, finding it sturdy as a rock. Maybe not the most user friendly maybe, but reliable. Anyway, preferences are always highly personal.

That is absolutely correct, sturdy and reliable. And simple, top of my list. It is actually a cool device.
I just didn't like the setpoint changing underwater, and it needs a lot of charging (compared to shearwater devices).
My Triton is sold now. As always when selling my gear - one eye smiling and one eye crying..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom