Trips to Mexico - HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
Ontario Diver and I are thinking about taking a trip to Mexico mid June. We are looking for something that is a little remote where we can lay on the beach and dive, dive, dive. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions from past experience and if they could PM me with the details, ie. cost ect. All inclusive would be nice but right now I am looking for details and suggestions from divers. Thank you in advance.

Howdy Babe!

You'll have more luck in the Mexico forum, I think. In particular, the Cozumel sub forum, although you might check out Akamal in the main forum...

don

I wasn't sure where to put it. I looked under travel but it looked like it was more for the buying and selling of packages and such. I will ask a mod to transfer it for me. Mucho thanks buddy.

cobaltbabe:
Ontario Diver and I are thinking about taking a trip to Mexico mid June. We are looking for something that is a little remote where we can lay on the beach and dive, dive, dive. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions from past experience and if they could PM me with the details, ie. cost ect. All inclusive would be nice but right now I am looking for details and suggestions from divers. Thank you in advance.

you really can't beat the diving in Cozumel, we go almost every year. it's a real nice combination of old Mexico and tourism, much more layed back than Cancun with good restaurants and great people.
June is real nice, just before it gets REALLY hot, and just before hurricane season kicks in.
El Presidente is a good all-inclusive and the Occedental Grand has been highly recommended to us by friends.
we usually stay at the El Cid La Ceiba which i think has implemented an all-inclusive program. they have a great location just a couple of miles from town by the international pier, we usually take the binoculars and snoop on the cruise ships. the food there is good and the beach has one of the best snorkel and shallow dive sites with a small plane that was sunk during the 70's for a movie just off shore.
my usual dive shop, Blue Bubble, has been bought out by new people so i don't know if they are still in operation, but we have always had a good experience with them.
the hotel also has a photo shop, Island Photo, attached to it, Holly the owner is a great lady and will give you a good instruction on her cameras & develope film or digital images, she has both film and digital cameras for rent. i was the first customer to use her digital camera last year and got some wonderful shots. even won 3rd place at the Texas State Fair photo contest with one of them.
she does a great job with your photos as she has been published in many scuba magazines herself and uses as much care in development on your stuff as she does on hers.
rent a jeep and go to the Caribbean side of the island to Coconuts and have a meal and a margarita, they are very strong and very good!

hope this helps, God bless,
Sharky

Akumal. 100km south of Cancun. Awsome reef and snorkeling. 4 resorts that are AI. We've just got back from Oasis Akumal 3 star for 9 days (there 3x) AI price for 2 adults and 2 kids $1374 + air. Akumal Beach Club 3 star (there 2x) & Bahia Tulum and Akumal (there 1x) 5 stars resorts. They are quite, & have great beaches. Cancun & Cozumel have turned into "little America". I can go to Outback and Chili's here in the US. And the drunk teens & 20 somethings are everywhere at night. A good site to get info is www.locogringo.com

Chris

chrisc:
Akumal. 100km south of Cancun. Awsome reef and snorkeling. 4 resorts that are AI. We've just got back from Oasis Akumal 3 star for 9 days (there 3x) AI price for 2 adults and 2 kids $1374 + air. Akumal Beach Club 3 star (there 2x) & Bahia Tulum and Akumal (there 1x) 5 stars resorts. They are quite, & have great beaches. Cancun & Cozumel have turned into "little America". I can go to Outback and Chili's here in the US. And the drunk teens & 20 somethings are everywhere at night. A good site to get info is www.locogringo.com

Chris

Hey Chris!

How does the diving compare there? As good as Cozumel's without the current...?

Coz is just nothing like the Caribbean I enjoy!:grip_n_ri

We really don't want to go to Coz. I hate crowds and would rather see the people and the country and the water from below then have to wade through crowds.

I appreciate all the input.

cobaltbabe:
We really don't want to go to Coz. I hate crowds and would rather see the people and the country and the water from below then have to wade through crowds.

I appreciate all the input.

Definitely go south then. Akumal is a good choice. The village of Tulum is good also, and check out Tankeh.

Locogringos.com has a ton of good info.

Have fun.

Maya:
Definitely go south then. Akumal is a good choice. The village of Tulum is good also, and check out Tankeh.

Locogringos.com has a ton of good info.

Have fun.

I will check that out. Thank you so much.

cobaltbabe:

My wife and I are going there in June also--We have arranged to stay and dive at a place in Tulum. We are there eight nights, six days of diving including one day at the Cenotes and one day at Cozumel--it is an all inclusive (food and booze included) for $990 each for eight days, diving, and they pick you up at the airport. http://www.hoteldivepackage.com/packages_rob_7.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom