Trips from Guadalajara?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greenman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be attending a language school in Guadalajara from late April through late may. Since Puerto Vallarata in just four hours from there, I'm hoping to get out to dive a few times during my visit. I'm also thinking about a road-trip to baja either before or after my stay in Guadalajara. Can anyone tell me about the drive from Guadalajara to Loreto? I'd like to get out to Baja Outpost after all the great things I've heard about it. What would be involved in getting me and my truck accross the sea so that I don't have to drive onto Baja from the North? Are there reasonably priced boats? Any other dive recomendations from Guadalajara?

Thanks,
Greenman

Hi. You can contact oceanos, a dive shop at Guadalajara www.oceanos.com.mx they organize weekend dive trips to Puerto Vallarta, or others places @ the pacific ocean.

About driving from Guadalajara to Baja, you should travel to Mazatlan, where the ferry departs. I´m not sure about the schedules, but i think that is the only company that runs the ferry service.

Suerte.

Don`t take the ferry in Mazatlan (it is a cargo ferry). take the tourist one in Los Mochis "topolovampo"

Back
Top Bottom