Triple L wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at a 7mm farmer john with a 7mm vest, from Triple L.
My first question, would that be too thick? Over the torso that would be more than 1/2 inch of rubber. Is there a better combonation?
Also, the price sounds good, but the shipping is outragous. $40-$70!! For two suits, they quoted me about $90.
Any opinions?

Thanks,
Steve

SteveC:
I was looking at a 7mm farmer john with a 7mm vest, from Triple L.
My first question, would that be too thick? Over the torso that would be more than 1/2 inch of rubber. Is there a better combonation?
Also, the price sounds good, but the shipping is outragous. $40-$70!! For two suits, they quoted me about $90.
Any opinions?

Thanks,
Steve

What sort of temps do you plan to be diving in? That suit is pretty standard fare before going dry.

Understand who owns the shipping costs if due to fit/defect anythng has to ship back and forth. Getting a correct fit is not always just a matter of following the chart.

Pete

spectrum:
What sort of temps do you plan to be diving in? That suit is pretty standard fare before going dry.

Understand who owns the shipping costs if due to fit/defect anythng has to ship back and forth. Getting a correct fit is not always just a matter of following the chart.

Pete

If you have to return it if size is incorrect there is a pretty steep restock fee too. If my memory is correct I believe it was $35. Even to exchange. That was all it took for me to go with Akona on Leisurepro's site. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and it is 100% true to sizechart.

I just ordered a (stock) 3mm suit from them and shipping was $12.50 or so. I understand however that their custom suits ship from their factory in vietnam, I'd guess it just takes more $$$ to get a big bulky wetsuit shipped halfway around the world.

yeah i believe it is just the custom fits that are that expensive to ship..

First of all, I also bought their BCD, Wetsuit, and Bag last year.
There is no complaints about the product so far. But, I have seen their way of business is getting spoiled over time.

1. Price: they raised up the price very quickly compared to other manufactures.
Even though their price is still relatively cheap, but their price increasement has been huge. Their price update is not once per year. You can see this at other threads.

2. shipping charge: I don't remember a high shipping charges like that. They seems to raise up the shipping charge also.

hoosier:
Price: they raised up the price very quickly compared to other manufactures.
Even though their price is still relatively cheap, but their price increasement has been huge.
Price elasticity of demand.

Sorry, that's all I remember from Business 501. :D That, and I don't do statistics and probability.

Or maybe, in this case, demand elasticity of price?

In any case, they can be expected to raise their prices, until demand falls enough that their profit suffers. Note that the more well-known they become, and the more we praise their quality, then demand will increase correspondingly... allowing them to safely raise prices some. *sigh*

--Marek

Yes, you are right. But, it isn't easy to see the price drop in the manufacturing business unlike the currency market. Like I said, it is still cheap and good deal.

For future reference, does anyone know how the stock suits run size-wise? Are the true to size (chart)?

A pal of mine just ordered a custom hooded 7mm from Triple-L. It cost him $99 for the suit, and $85 for the shipping. DHL Air Freight from Viet Nam.

Hope his wife measured him right, but still. If it fits well, he's gotten a pretty good deal.

Of course, he was told up front, "It'll get there when it gets there, no guarantees on delivery date." He's expecting 4-6 weeks.

Personally, I'd have issues buying something from Viet Nam, but then I have no idea how much of what I buy now is made there anyway, so I'm a bit of a hypocrit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom