Triple L wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Yes, you are right. But, it isn't easy to see the price drop in the manufacturing business unlike the currency market. Like I said, it is still cheap and good deal.
The way I figure, as long as there's any inflation at all (and there had better always be, otherwise the future value of money would be less than its current value... negative incentive to save, or to lend money), then keeping a price fixed over a long time is in effect reducing its real price.

So what have these Triple-L price jumps been, on the average... about 5-10%? And the annual inflation rate in the U.S. is...? Less than 5%? When were the Triple-L prices last raised?

--Marek

I just ordered a stock 7mm from them along with two bags and shipping seemed very reasonable ($20 for all of it and the one bag was pretty big). I am happy with it so far (dove twice with it). The bag is great so far as well.

Stock items come from a warehouse in Chicago or Florida.

Custom items come from Viet Nam, and have a much higher shipping charge.

As I recall, they raised more than 10 percent once. But, it didn't apply for the whole products they were selling. It was only for the best selling products. Smart AXX! So, we can say the supply and demand logic here. But, like I mentioned, I believe that it isn't once per year. We know that major Scuba brand used to raise their MSRP around 10% every year, but it is once per year. So, that is the reason I raise up the issue. The main attraction of Triple_L products is their price. If they can't give anymore price attraction under the same quality assurance in future, I am not sure I can go back to Triple_L again.

Marek K:
The way I figure, as long as there's any inflation at all (and there had better always be, otherwise the future value of money would be less than its current value... negative incentive to save, or to lend money), then keeping a price fixed over a long time is in effect reducing its real price.

So what have these Triple-L price jumps been, on the average... about 5-10%? And the annual inflation rate in the U.S. is...? Less than 5%? When were the Triple-L prices last raised?

--Marek

Just resurrecting a semi-old thread here...

I just ordered and received a non-custom 5mm hooded one-piece wetsuit from Triple-L/ScubaL. Haven't dived it yet, but for $76.14 plus shipping and handling, I think it would be hard to beat the deal with a stick. (I actually ordered two suits; one for my son too... ground shipping was $16.46 for the two suits... website shows $15.35 shipping for just one suit.)

I was a little leery of ScubaL's size chart, because of past experience (not just mine!) with their BCD sizing. But I carefully measured, found I fell within the parameters of a Men's XL, and that's what I ordered... risking the hefty potential re-stockage fee.

I'm not sure whether ScubaL will start making non-custom suits with their new hybrid super-stretch material, but this suit is not hybrid... just normal neoprene... which is just fine with me.

The suit is the standard dark blue/light blue design as pictured on the website, with still the Triple-L logos on it (vice the new flashier ScubaL).

Fits very, very nicely, as far as I can tell in the house. Forearms may be a touch loose on the wrists, but I'll have a watch on one wrist anyway. Everything else is just perfect.

Workmanship and details are very impressive. Nice sturdy zippers on wrists and ankles; not brand-name YKK, but they look very solid. All zippers are backed with a sealing flap that's bare smooth neoprene "skin" against the zipper; looks like they'll seal pretty well. Front zipper comes up the middle, then goes over asymmetrically to one side on the hood's chin.

Knee pads are from normal nylon-coated neoprene, but I'm not going to be kneeling on the bottom. Elbows and knees are nicely pre-bent.

Hood fits nice and tight, but not too tight. And if it's too warm, leaving the hood off behind my head was comfortable too. (May be hitting my first stage when I bend my head back, though...)

No baffles inside the arms or legs, but I wasn't expecting any.

I didn't look close at what kind of stitching was used, but if someone's interested, I can do that... if you tell me what to look for...

Bottom line: If you have a limited budget, and fall within all the size chart's measurements (and if you can find the size charts on their website... hint... they're under the red Quick Choice(TM) button), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this suit.

--Marek

Back
Top Bottom