Trip to Vancouver Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have flown right into Nanaimo. If that is a possibility, it would save the traveling time on the ferry, then rent a vehicle there. The airfare might cost a couple hundred extra each but that might outweight the time saving. Vancouver is a nice spot to visit but if you plan on heading directly to the island it would seem like a waste to me.

There is lots of great info posted here already. Are you looking for shore dives or boat dives with a charter operator? Are you used to cool water diving with currents?

If you are thinking about Port Hardy, there are a couple of airlines that leave from Vancouver or Victoria, such as Pacific Coastal Airlines. If you are diving with a group or charter operator, make sure you book ahead as they get very busy in the summer months.

Have a great trip and dive safe.

Thanks for the replies everyone. We will look into flying into Namaino or Victoria.

Concerning diving, I will be with my wife who does not dive. I am planning on slipping away for a morning dive or two. Are there dive sites and operators near Parksville? I would want to be with a guide since I am unfamiliar with the area.

Thanks for the replies everyone. We will look into flying into Namaino or Victoria.

Concerning diving, I will be with my wife who does not dive. I am planning on slipping away for a morning dive or two. Are there dive sites and operators near Parksville? I would want to be with a guide since I am unfamiliar with the area.

I would suggest you contact Nanaimo Dive Outfitters
They have a very active group of divers who regularly dive in the Parksville Nanoose area and can hook you up with a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom