Question Trip to Grand Cayman or ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xterra

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been to Cozumel multiple times for diving and know pretty much all the major dive spots, I love them and like the value it offers.
But for my birthday trip I wanted to dive somewhere special and different. I also dived other Caribbean islands, already and been to Belize, Roatan, St. Lucia, Jamaica, Dom Rep, Tobago, Barbados.
How is Grand Cayman and where is a good Dive and sleep Resort? I heard a lot of Sunset House but what other options are there for a 1 week trip?
Solo traveler, always try to find others on the boat to buddy up with, so shore diving is a bit a problem.
Or Turcs and Caicos? Any place in October in the Caribbean that has direct flights from IAH :)
Thanks for ideas and suggestions

Can't say anything about the other two Caymans, but I was very disappointed with Grand Cayman.

Bonaire is fantastic diving, but it's a lot of work compared to someplace like Cozumel. When I go back, I will try to organize more boat dives

Grand Cayman is my go-to destination. Matter of fact, I'll be there in about three weeks. For me, it just offers the best combination of dive sites, dive operators, lodging, and food. I'll be diving with my favorite operator (Just Dive Cayman) and staying at an Airbnb. Many people rent cars, but I'll be on foot. I'm never disappointed by a trip there. That's my $.02.

If you are looking for an alternate destination, Curacao is a great spot, LionsDive Resort. I had a group of 40 there a month ago and they love the resort, dive operation, food and culture. Many will be going back in 2025. Otherwise, skip Grand Cayman. Little Cayman or Cayman Brac. T&C is expensive. If you want to stay in the Caribbean, as suggested a liveaboard might be an option with Explorer Ventures.

Hi @Xterra

I would not give up on Grand Cayman. Consider Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers
They have a special through October.

I would not do Turks & Caicos from land, too far to the dive sites, too much travel time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom