Trip to Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm flying to Cebu in a few days. While there I'll be staying on Mactan Island for a week and Moalboal for a week. I plan on taking a few dive courses while there, but was wondering if there's any sites on land I should see also? Is there anything I should definitely see while diving from these two areas? Thanks for the help.

JTucker:
I'm flying to Cebu in a few days. While there I'll be staying on Mactan Island for a week and Moalboal for a week. I plan on taking a few dive courses while there, but was wondering if there's any sites on land I should see also? Is there anything I should definitely see while diving from these two areas? Thanks for the help.

you are in a good area. there are many good dive sites in mactan and malapascua. there are many things to see on land as well but will depend on what you are looking for? you talking about bars and nightlife? anyway im sure others here can suggest. since you are in the area, why not head to malapascua and check out the thresher sharks?

in cebu DO NOT FAIL TO VISIT

KAWASAN FALLS

it is by Moalboal area.

Very Refreshing mountain water falls !!!

JTucker:

John,

Is that you?

Have fun in Mactan. If you need a dive op, I recommend Buboy Mancao at liquid assets. He pioneered the dive industry there. If you want his contact details, let me know. Here's a thread I wrote about when I dove there:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=106779

Make sure to give us a trip report!

JTucker:
Welcome to the board. Aside from paolov, chip, and spoon's suggestion, you can dive Nalusuan and Hilutungan islands as both are marine sanctuaries or rent a motorized banca (outrigger) and go to some of the small atolls. Anyway, here's a Cebu's visitor's guide link, http://www.wayblima.com/cebu-visitors-guide.shtml

Enjoy your stay in Cebu.

Thanks for the quick replies. I fly out tomorrow. Any tips on a fairly reasonably priced shop to dive with out of Mactan Island? My buddy and I have our own gear, all we need is tanks, weights and a ride out to a nice place to dive. We'll be in Mactan for the next 5 days and hope to dive on at least three of those days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom