Trip To Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I.M.Deep

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are traveling to Aruba 6/9 - 615. We are both diving. Any tips for that location? Operators? Sites you wouldn't miss? We are staying at the Rennisance. I would love to hook up with anyone that will be diving there during the same time. I am leaning towards Dive Aruba for our dive.
My wife has just certified and I have 30 dives several recently and I plan to go for my advanced before we arive.

Thanks!! :crafty:

Hello I.M. Deep,

My Wife and I dove With Dive Aruba 2 years ago and had a very good experience. They had one small boat with a single captain/dive master to take out small groups of 4 - 6 divers. It had the feel of a private boat with personalized service, very nice people. All of the diving was done just outside the harbor and to the south/east. For the most part the reefs are so-so but, the further south you go, the better condition the reefs are in. The island’s marquis wreck, the Antilla, is on the west end of the island, I don’t believe Dive Aruba will go there but I’m not sure you may want to check with them on that. If you definitely want to dive the Antilla there are op’s that do go out there every day.

Have a good time!

Lee

smokey braden:
he took us to the antilla and many other wrecks.
the man knows his reefs.

Good Deal - I.M. Deep should be all set. We dove what's left of the Sonesta plane and a small wooden boat, (of which I don't remember the name offhand) I don't have my log book with me, and as I mentioned we dove several reefs toward the south (Mike's Reef, Plonco Reef, Tire Reef, DePalm Slope...) and the further south you go, the better the reefs.

Lee

Thanks very much! Any suggestions for places to eat? Also did you wear a wet suit?
It looks the suggestion from many operators is a shorty which means my wife will need a 5 mil. Also thanks for the information about the reefs further to the south.

Randy

i m deep,
i see were y'all are staying at the Rennisance.
we found that there many good places to eat within walking distance.
some are: el galchos, the old fisherman, rumba grill and the paddock.
while diving i used a 3mil shortie over skins.
enjoy your visit.

I dove with Pelican Adventures last year. They run a nice operation IMHO. I would avoid diving the Perdenalis. Not much to see on that site. I liked the Antilla wreck and the Jane Sea wreck dives.

Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom