Trip Report - Wakatobi, not up to the hype!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We leave on the 6th. Probably need to get the trip report from a couple of months ago done first but will be happy to "compare and contrast" on our return.

Here's the solution to the $8 wine. Beer and tequila. It's all you'll ever need. :cool2:

I'm fearing it has to do with some bodily function ...:(

... like I said ...

Hmmm ... final function?

I was in Wakatobi May, 2007. I had a wonderful time. We really enjoyed the dive guides but having such a fabulous dive group really made the trip. We had so much fun the DMs got involved and also had a blast. Upper management was quite stand-offish but we didn't care as long as we had fun with the dive guides. The trip was a little structured as far as meal times but our dives were very laid back and we all stayed down as long as our air allowed. The boat crew was very helpful and eager to please. My hot tea with one sugar was always waiting as soon as I finished my dive. The reefs are beautiful with lots of little critters but did get a little repetative after 11 days. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Wakatobi. It was my first trip to Indonesia and a very memorable one!

Thank you for another good report to put my mind at ease, now that the balance of our May trip has been charged to my Mastercard :D

Stand-offish doesn't bother me, I can win the hearts and minds of even the meanest sea captains. Structured is fine too, I'm planning on this trip being like a large liveaboard that doesn't rock at night, and liveaboards tend to be very structured. Repetitive? Maybe, but it can't be worse than the six days in a row we did at Lighthouse Atoll, and even that wasn't so bad. Certainly the diversity of critters there would ensure more excitement than seeing the same old North Caribbean denizens day in and day out?

I can't wait to add my two cents. Less than 3 months to go...

Back
Top Bottom