Trip Report to Ambergris Caye, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
Thanks ScubBabe. I would go back to Ambergris but stay at a better place than Ramon's. My stay was not miserable, but not what it should have been, could have been. I was impressed with a great, and misleading, webpage. Now I know that I should listen to the recommendations of other divers and not webpages. duh.

Oh, did I mention the Ramon's Kennel? Yeah, all the town dogs and cats would roam the property, many under the breakfast and lunch tables, looking to be fed. Yes, everyone fed them. Dogs in the water at the beach and once in the pool. Too funny.

Oh geeez!! Thats terrible!!! Try going north of the cut for a little more quiet!....if your into fishing, El Pescador, the resort that my DM lives at/works at/ owns with his family is great-- Same with White Sands and Captain Morgans...

ScubaBabe22:
Oh geeez!! Thats terrible!!! Try going north of the cut for a little more quiet!....if your into fishing, El Pescador, the resort that my DM lives at/works at/ owns with his family is great-- Same with White Sands and Captain Morgans...

Now you tell me? :)

I had very good diving so I'm satified. Not a fisherman.

Ambergris, si. Ramon's, no!!!

Can't wait to go back to Belize. My wife and I were there on our honeymoon this last April. We stayed at Sundiver Resort...it's about 3-4 miles north of San Pedro. Sundiver was a very nice place to stay...very quiet, great resturant (chief's name is Chap). The resort gave us water taxi passes for the week...so getting to and from town wasn't to bad. We didn't dive that week...just snorkeled 2 days. We have just recently both taken our open water classes/pool training. We will be doing our checkout dives in the next few weeks. We are already planning a trip back to amberqris caye this November (19-26th). There is a group of 5 of us going this time. We have found a house to rent on the north end of town on the beach. There will be 3 of us new divers doing 2-3 days of diving that week. If your in San Pedro on a Sunday for lunch...go to BC's beach bar for their bbq. It's nice to find some first hand recommendations for dive op's in san pedro.

I really liked the SeaBreeze Hotel. Not many frills - but the air conditioner worked great and I wasn't worried about touching the sheets and floor or anything. Plus the staff was extra helpful and nice.

It's only about three doors down from Ramon's, so it's E-Z to get to town and everything.

You know, I don't remember ever being that afraid on a personal-safety level, either. You know, it's just a different culture. Maybe it helps that I understand a bit of Espanol, so I know what's going on when the guides and stuff are talking to each other.

likelite:
I really liked the SeaBreeze Hotel. Not many frills - but the air conditioner worked great and I wasn't worried about touching the sheets and floor or anything. Plus the staff was extra helpful and nice.

It's only about three doors down from Ramon's, so it's E-Z to get to town and everything.

You know, I don't remember ever being that afraid on a personal-safety level, either. You know, it's just a different culture. Maybe it helps that I understand a bit of Espanol, so I know what's going on when the guides and stuff are talking to each other.

3 doors down from Ramons Village IS town. :) You were probably one of the hundreds of guests from other hotels that walked past Ramon's beach on the way to town every hour. Many stop to take a dip in the water at Ramon's beach because it is a PUBLIC BEACH, which they never tell you on their webpage or brochures. Not very restful, and certainly not private.

Back
Top Bottom