Trip Report - Tiger 7/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone. Here is a late trip report from a dive I did this past Sunday on the Tiger, right off of VA Beach. I went out on the Miss Lindsey, 7 am departure out of Rudee Inlet. The forecast was calling for 3 foot seas and 10-15 kt SW wind, so the Captain elected to stay close to shore to stay in the lee of the land as much as possible. Actual seas were only about 2 feet, so it was a very pleasant ride out.

The Tiger is really broken up, as many of you well know, so I basically just poked around the wreckage on both my dives. The boat was crowded, as expected on a warm, sunny summer Sunday. Only one student and the divers timed their water entries well so there wasn't too much of a bottleneck aboard. Vis was 15-20, bottom temp 54, little to no current and a marked thermocline at 20 feet. Tons of sea life, and more flounder than I have ever seen on an inshore wreck, some quite large. The spearfishermen all came back happy. Not the most challenging dive, but the perfect weather made it quite relaxing, especially the 90 minute SI on the sundeck catching some rays.

The reason I'm late on the trip report is I had sinus surgery Monday and have been on some pretty strong painkillers the last few days. I could have written something, but who knows if it would have had anything to do with diving :). No diving for me for at least 30 days, and I wanted to get one last trip in before the surgery. Looks like I'll be living vicariously through all your trip reports for the next month...make em good. Hopefully I'll be back in the water for the end of the summer season.

Take Care,
Rob

Rob,

Nice report. Sorry to hear about the sinus issue but all will be well (I'm sure) after your recuperation. {I could use some of the meds you're taking, I'm about to get on my flight back from Japan...ugh}

Safe Diving,
Wil

Rob,

Glad you were able to get one more dive in before the surgery. Remember Navy meds are your friends...at least for the first couple of days.

Take your time and make sure that everything heals properly. Because once you are back, WE HAVE SOME DIVING TO DO!!! I have been upgrading some of my gear (some good deals that I could not pass up...at least that is my excuse). So I have been going out to Lake Rawlings to get time with the gear and find the best configuration. Also, nice to do some Nav drills and check out the sites (anything around 50ft and greater and I am usually the only one there). I did catch myself playing a little basketball at the hoops. My three pointer still needs a little work, ok A LOT OF WORK!

Hope that you are feeling better and that recovering is going well.

TNT

Thanks Ted and Wil, feeling better already. Ted, first dive for me after I get cleared will be in Lake Rawlings, with a buddy, and I will certainly take it slow. I have the weekend of 21 August in mind actually, so if you are around please join me.

What kind of new gear did you get? Tell tell...

Since I have been homebound with access to a keyboard the last week, somehow a new HID light and wreck reel are on their way to my house as we speak. I have no idea how that happened, must have been the meds....:wink:

About the gear...the wife is visiting family and I have had a little extra time at the computer (and going diving). So, a Dive Rite Transplate with Aluminum backplate and Hog 32 wing found its way to me, I am still waiting on a Stainless Steel backplate and Halycon webbing with the deal. I dove it at Lake Rawlings on Friday and Sunday, I like the new setup. I am planning on taking on a dive trip on Wednesday with Capt Tom.

I might need some of the meds after the wife gets ahold of me...

If the doc clears you and you are looking for a buddy on 21 Aug, then look no further! NO need to rush we will take it nice and easy.

Take care and it is always nice to receive things in the mail...it boost the morale (especially if it is dive gear).

TNT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom