Trip Report - Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been to SCC twice and loved it. The only drawback is they have probably the slowest boats on the island, so the trip can be over an hour each way. I remember eating lunch well after 2 PM some or most days. Still, the employees there are very accomodating, and we met some great people (other customers) that we dove with all week, and then booked a second time with them a few months later.

Next time we may try another place just to not go the AI route, but plan to return to SCC at some point. The included tanks for diving off the pier, especially at night, are nice, too.

That's one of the many things I love about SCC. I always run into people there that I've met before. They have a lot of repeat customers and they are mostly divers and a friendly group. I like the other hotels too, but really like the atmosphere at SCC when we all get back from the dive and exchange stories. Not a lot of kids there either. Just divers! Grand Occidental is nice and close to the sound end too, but really lacks the dive comradery (sp?) we had at SCC.

I love Scuba Club Cozumel! I found the longish boat rides very relaxing - and a good chance to get to know my fellow divers. The food was fantastic, and the dives unbelievable.

I'm going back again soon - but this time to Fiesta Americana (that's what my LDS arranged for the trip). I am sad not to be returning to SCC - but glad to be going back to Cozumel!

I have always wanted to stay at scuba club but have shyed away because of the slow boats. I am suprised they have not got at least one small boat for those who are more into diving than boating.

That's one of the many things I love about SCC. I always run into people there that I've met before. They have a lot of repeat customers and they are mostly divers and a friendly group. I like the other hotels too, but really like the atmosphere at SCC when we all get back from the dive and exchange stories. Not a lot of kids there either. Just divers! Grand Occidental is nice and close to the sound end too, but really lacks the dive comradery (sp?) we had at SCC.

You're right about that, many seem to be repeat customers. I have noticed that many customers are on a first name basis with the staff and are respectful towards them. It is definitely a dive club. Not much goes on when people are not either diving or eating, so it's very quiet. We either shore dive or go into town, and take longer, relaxing meals. We were there during April and September, which are slower seasons, but the bar never had more than a couple people at any time. On the last night, both times, we got together with our group from the boat and had a few drinks on the roof.

I love Scuba Club Cozumel! I found the longish boat rides very relaxing - and a good chance to get to know my fellow divers. The food was fantastic, and the dives unbelievable.
I'm going back again soon - but this time to Fiesta Americana (that's what my LDS arranged for the trip). I am sad not to be returning to SCC - but glad to be going back to Cozumel![/quote

We stayed at FA twice, both times before the hurricane. I have heard it's even better now in some ways. Those were our first two trips to Coz. During the first one, my wife and I were standing in the pool at FA, and that's when I declared that we are coming back next year. That was met with little or no resistance, and was the beginning of our addiction! We did the same week (in April), same hotel, same dive op (Papa Hoggs).

That started in 2004. In 2006 we decided on La Paz in September, but another hurricane was seriously threatening, so we changed to Coz literally Friday afternoon for a Saturday morning trip. That is how we found SCC, since it was available. Hard to believe it came off without a hitch. Overall, that was our best trip of the four.

I like to believe we are heading back to Coz next April. It gets me thru the winter!

Back
Top Bottom