Trip Report SCC Mar 31- Apr 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herbdb

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Spent five days at Scuba Club last week with my son and daughter-in-law. Great service from the crews and divemasters. The seas were lumpy and I was happy to be on the larger boat. The meals were good, we usually ate the daily specials. The rooms we stayed in were large and clean.

We managed to get in twelve dives including two night dives, and a wreck dive on the Fellipe X. The diving was excellent. Here are some pics from the trip.

http://photobucket.com/albums/p623/Herbdb/Cozumel April 2013

---------- Post added April 6th, 2013 at 10:22 PM ----------

I forgot that I wanted to comment on diving the FELIPE XICOTANCATL wreck. I was expecting a wreck that had been thoroughly cleaned out in the areas open for diving. This was not the case. The divemasters led a wreck penetration dive that led us through three different levels. Some of the passages were very dark and staircases were narrow. You will definitely need a dive light, you need to be comfortable in confined places and have good buoyancy.

If you do not want to penetrate the wreck, you can arrange a place on the outside of the wreck to meet up with the divemaster.

The dive is interesting, but there is not a lot of marine life. I enjoyed it because it was something different, but I don't know that I would pay to dive it again.

herbdb: Glad you liked SCC. That is our favourite place in Cozumel. I totally agree with you on the wreck dive. I was surprised we were taken down 3 levels too but we were all AOW or Rescue. We did it once but will not go back. Same as Devil's Throat. Been there; done that. There are so many other great places to dive.

I wish they had an afternoon dive that went somewhere else. Last trip we did the 2-tank twilight dive so we could go somewhere different for the first dive and then back to Paradise for the night dive.

We are booked at SCC in November and that will be our last stay there :depressed: as we are moving to Cozumel in less than a year now. Yahoo! We plan to dive with them (as they are like family) unless we discover an OP that offers lower rates for "locals".

Betty

From your pics it seems that one does NOT need a full 3mil suit to dive. Would you agree?

The lowest water temp we saw was 81F, so I guess it depends on your cold tolerance. I dove a 3/2 shortie and my son and his wife dove dive skins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom