Trip report, Loch Low-Minn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I made my first trip to Loch Low-Minn. Drove up from Birmingham early Saturday morning. Arrived at the quarry at 9:10 am. The day was already hot and the quarry was crowded. Cameron and Luster were already onsite and gearing up. Set-up was interesting with the unloading on the hill and parking on top of the hill rules.

First dive was at 9:27am. Max depth of 77ft and temp at depth was 75f. Cruised the trench which we were told was the deepest part of the quarry. Saw the usual in a quarry, Catfish,Bass and very small minnow type fish. Did not see any bream. Which I thought was strange for a quarry in the southeast. dive time was 64 minutes.

Took 1:35 minutes surface interval while we waited for what seemed like an eternity for air fills. Not the fastest I have ever seen. Which limited our ability to do 4 or 5 dives like usual at ABWA.

Second dive began at 12:07 to a max depth of 40 for a dive time of 55 minutes when I ended the dive with a continously leaking mask and a stopped up nose so I could not clear the mask effectively. No biggie just a pain. Mask goes to the LDS tomorrow.

I ended my diving for the day and took my wife to dinner at an italian restaurant called Gondaliers recommended by a diver from Ky. Good stuff. Great service.

That would be the end of my diving so some others will have to fill in the information about the night dive and Sunday diving.

Great report Clay. I'm glad you two had a good time.

Michael

I was there on Saturday, also. It was much more crowded than normal, but Choo Choo Diving out of Chattanooga was holding a customer appreciation day. It was a good day of diving, but viz was down to around ten to fifteen feet. Rick and Stacy told me the viz has been down due to the warm weather and algae blooms.

I did four dives. Water temp from surface to 28 feet was 79 degrees. Below 28 feet the temp dropped to the mid-70s. I was diving with my daughter, so our maximum depth was forty feet.

We did see some paddle fish at about 35 feet at opposite corner from the dock. This was the first time I've seen them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom