Trip Report - Lembeh Resort, Maluku Divers (Ambon) & Raja Ampat on the AA II +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JudyG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
This large, four part report (with many pictures) is hosted on my totally non-commercial website for ease of formatting.

Beijing Day Tripping (not diving related)
Beijing

Lembeh Resort & Critters@Lembeh Divers
Lembeh

Tarsier Safari in Sulawesi, Maluku Dive Resort & Ambon Muck Diving
Ambon

Raja Ampat Transition Cruise on the Archipelago Adventurer II
Raja Ampat

Trip Slideshow (For PC & Mac)
Awoosh Indo 2010 Slideshow

Trip Galleries
Indonesia 2010 Gallery

Enjoy,
J.

Wow! Nice trip reports & photos! I have started with Lembeh Resort, as we would be there in Nov, for just 3 short nights, after diving Buyat Bay... Your report makes me wanna fly there now. Like you, I really want to meet a star gazer! Hope to have the luck...
& I think Raja Ampat has to be on the cards next year!

Fantastic report & great photos!!

Great trip report!....Is Hergen still there with Kerri? and which did you prefer for diving Ambon or Lembeh? I've not been to Ambon yet.

Great trip report!....Is Hergen still there with Kerri? and which did you prefer for diving Ambon or Lembeh? I've not been to Ambon yet.

Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, Hergen is still there - we only met him briefly.

Hard to say which I prefer - Lembeh or Ambon. Lembeh has some crazy critters. Ambon has some crazy critters. Neither spots offer particularly "clean" muck diving - especially when compared to Scuba Seraya on Bali, which has much better water quality, visibility and so much less crap in the water and garbage on the reef. We loved the lushness of the island of Lembeh, and thought Lembeh Resort was a great spot, and really well set up for photographers. Maluku Dive Resort (the new one) is still under construction and so was not operating at premium when we were there. It could be really nice when they get it fully functional, but at the moment, I think it is very expensive for what is on offer.

Maluku Divers on Ambon offers some reef diving outside the harbour - we did some of this diving from the Archipelago Adventurer II a couple of years back, and it was lovely. Lembeh Resort has just opened up a new frontier of reef diving in Buyat Bay - if we get a chance to return to Lembeh, I would definitely check it out.

J.

Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, Hergen is still there - we only met him briefly.

Hard to say which I prefer - Lembeh or Ambon. Lembeh has some crazy critters. Ambon has some crazy critters. Neither spots offer particularly "clean" muck diving - especially when compared to Scuba Seraya on Bali, which has much better water quality, visibility and so much less crap in the water and garbage on the reef. We loved the lushness of the island of Lembeh, and thought Lembeh Resort was a great spot, and really well set up for photographers. Maluku Dive Resort (the new one) is still under construction and so was not operating at premium when we were there. It could be really nice when they get it fully functional, but at the moment, I think it is very expensive for what is on offer.

Maluku Divers on Ambon offers some reef diving outside the harbour - we did some of this diving from the Archipelago Adventurer II a couple of years back, and it was lovely. Lembeh Resort has just opened up a new frontier of reef diving in Buyat Bay - if we get a chance to return to Lembeh, I would definitely check it out.

J.

Thanks for the heads up between Lembeh and Ambon....I'll stick with Lembeh....a few people I've met at Lembeh who had just come from Ambon liked Lembeh better. And Buyat bay is already booked for November. Last year after Lembeh I went to Bangka for a few days....It was a tough decision this year not to go back to Bangka but Danny (critters@lembeh) and another person that is on SB who went there last year talked me into Buyat Bay....thanks again for the info.

Wow what an awesome trip and report. I am hopefully going to try get to lembeh next year. When is the best time for weather/dive conditions in lembeh? The lembeh resort looks like a great option - was it pricey or middle range? Would you recommend this to a lembeh first timer? I may only have 2 weeks hence will try and dive bunaken and lembeh as going towards raja ampat i think needs a much longer and seperate trip!! Love the photos and myself have a wishlist which includes rhinopias, mimics/wonderpus, flambouyant cuttlefish, blue ringed octopus and crazy seahorses/pipefish!!

Great Report Judy, and fantastic photos! :acclaim::acclaim: Ambon, Lembeh and Raja Ampat in one trip is a fair effort. Looking forward to my first Bunaken/Lembeh experience shortly. Have you been to the Maldives yet?

Love the Wierdass Crabs!!!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom