Trip Report: Kasawari Resort, Lembeh Strait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoyed your report, and I remember looking at the resort when we dove Jahir and thinking it looked quite attractive.

I believe you wrote a report of your KBR stay as well, because I think I read it before we went. I'm curious as to what you liked better about Kasawari . . . A lot of the things you mentioned for that resort were true at KBR as well, like trading day dives for night or other dives, having Nitrox, etc. The boats look very similar.

Anyway, we really enjoyed our trip, and going back is on the wish list, and I wondered why you liked this resort better.

Yes, I visited and dived with KBR during December, 2004 after diving Papua on the Temu Kira. I did a detailed report on KBR and the great time I had there as well.

Early on in my planning for this trip, I had planned to stay at KBR again or the Lembeh Resort until I heard about Kung and Poo and Kasawari. These two gentlepeople owned the dive boat Aqua One, and after hearing such great things about the AO and how they ran such an excellent operation, I decided to give Kasawari a try.

Kasawari Resort has a much more intimate feel to it than KBR and I felt we were provided a more personal experience at Kasawari. Kasawari is smaller than KBR hence they take fewer divers and can cater to them in a more personal, relaxed, unregimented fashion. Kasawari for sure takes a different approach with photographers and that was certainly a huge plus. The villas and amenities at Kasawari were a notch above KBR and overall, the experience was better there. The DMs at Kasawari actually acted as a team and there were no primadonas. Being right on the dive site Jahir is a big plus for Kasawari too. As you know, Jahir is one of the world's best dive sites and it puts the KBR house reef to total shame.

My experience at KBR was a 10. My experience at Kasawari was a 15.

Sandra

Sandra,

Great report. I am thinking of going in Dec of 07.....do you know if the water is warmer that time of the year?

Again Great report thanks.

I thought it was warmer in December than during September. When I was there in December of 04 I was able to dive in a 3 mil - September 06 I needed a 5 mil. If I remember, the December water temps were about 80/81.

Sandra

Back
Top Bottom