Trip Report Feb16th to the 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The restaurant was on the south west side, but that’s what the owner told me. He even pointed out the boat that was getting them. I have a picture of them. I will post them later, maybe he was lying, but maybe not. Seeing the boat and the guys bringing the cooler in was pretty convincing.

I really understand your concern for drinking and diving. I think I came off wrong. We can go out "Partying" or "Drinking" and only have 2 or 3 drinks. I did not mean "Heavy Drinking". The first couple days was no diving, so yea, we had more drinks than usual. And we did take my Aunt out and get her drunk. I don’t think that’s so bad.

I guess I should not have used the word pursuit. We swam over to him. I was just so excited about seeing him that I chose the wrong word.

I believe the tiny bit of touching we did was harmless. It was only the Octopus and a star fish. We would never stress anything out either. We respect the life and would never want to do it any harm.

My apologies.

ckheath:
The restaurant was on the south west side, but that’s what the owner told me. He even pointed out the boat that was getting them. I have a picture of them. I will post them later, maybe he was lying, but maybe not. Seeing the boat and the guys bringing the cooler in was pretty convincing.

Well, if it was dorado (mahi-mahi) or other deep water fish they were bringing in, it was OK because fishing is allowed out past the wall where those guys run. If it was octopus and lobster, then there is definitely a problem. Harvesting those critters on the southwest side is very illegal.

The Mexican government is very protective of the wildlife on and around Cozumel; the army guards the turtles with automatic weapons when they are ashore laying eggs over on the east side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom