Trip Report: Dredge Avocet 9-16-2012 Spearfishing Trip with Niuhi Dive Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRXRAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Spearfishing trip to the Dredge Avocet in Pensacola Florida. The water was the most beautiful Blue I've ever seen in Pensacola and we were treated to 150' of visability on the first dive and water temps of 81*. I had bumped my Go-Pro mode from video to picture at some point and missed the video of the first dive where I actually shot fish but the second dive I just swam around playing with sharks and admiring the scene. This was the first time I'd dove Avocet when I could see the bow from the stern and vice versa. Talk about the dive of a life time!!!! We were on Captain Any Ross's boat Niuhi whcih you can check out at www.niuhidivecharters.com we were able to spearfish as he has a federal permit now. I shot the video below ont he secodn dive but the vis had dropped off substantially it was as if the entire bottom had silted up at once, I suppose that in reality a silty section of water moved in on us but it was still crazy to see. With the clarity of the water being at the best it has been all year and the sea conditions promising to cooperate this coming weekend as well as the number of large pelagic fish including Whale Sharks and Manta Rays we have been seeing.... Well brothers it is promsing to be an awesome weekend. Give us a shout at the above link. I'll be working as the DM for Capt. Andy this weekend again and I've got some great ideas for some sights to visit. Lobster anyone?

Check the video out:

[vimeo]49804135[/vimeo]

Man I need to book with you guys if your typically getting conditions like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Niuhi is awesome, I dove it a ton when Rob owned it, haven't had an opportunity to dive with Andy yet. I've heard nothing but good things about him though.

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom