Trip report: diving "Dibba north"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good tip! Thanks!

Another hurdle to overcome, I heard that UAE car rental companies charging like $200 for special insurance for taking the rental car into Oman. I need to verify that & figure out another option.

Yes, they will charge you extra - should not be that much though. Try contacting different rental companies and ask. Having a car in Khasab makes things so much easier.

hi Dan, when are you planning to come over again?

Yes the great insurance scam!

Most people here have Oman insurance on their vehicles, if you don't then you have to purchase this at the border, but .... it's third party only, and any damage to your own vehicle is your liability.

One of the guys on a 4x4 trip to Oman found this out the hard way. His vehicle was badly damaged and because he could not leave it in Oman he also had to pay for it's recovery back to UAE.

Vehicle insurance here in the UAE is very expensive anyway, mainly due to the high claims and the many idiots that drive here.

hi Dan, when are you planning to come over again?

Yes the great insurance scam!

Most people here have Oman insurance on their vehicles, if you don't then you have to purchase this at the border, but .... it's third party only, and any damage to your own vehicle is your liability.

One of the guys on a 4x4 trip to Oman found this out the hard way. His vehicle was badly damaged and because he could not leave it in Oman he also had to pay for it's recovery back to UAE.

Vehicle insurance here in the UAE is very expensive anyway, mainly due to the high claims and the many idiots that drive here.

Hi Gordon,
I’ll be in Dubai from the 1st to the 4th of September with 4 friends (2 divers & 2 non divers). The 4 friends will be there longer, until the 8th. We’ll arrive late evening on the 1st & plan to stay overnight in a hotel near DXB. We plan to get 2 rental cars at DXB & drive to Dibba early on the 2nd so we can get a full day of diving on that day. Going to Khasab may not be worthwhile for me since I need to head back to Dubai on 3rd as my flight to Bali will leave at 1:50am on the 4th.

The 4 friends may have better chance to visit Khasab. They plan to be in Dibba until the 6th and spend the 7th to tour Dubai before flying out to Bali at 1:50am on the 8th. So, I’m planning the Khasab trip more for them.

Back
Top Bottom