Trip Report- Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info on the Hacienda San Miquel. We can't wait to get back to Coz and get diving again.

I stayed there a year and a half ago and thought that it was great: pretty, quiet, and a great value.

divebag:
Departed DFW on American to Cancun. Took a taxi to Playa del Carmen and took the ferry to Cozumel...

One word of advice - paragraphs. ;^)

My spelling could improve also!!!

divebag:
My spelling could improve also!!!

Spelling, pah! I believe it was Andrew Jackson who said, "It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

But for readability, splitting up a big block of text into manageable paragraphs really helps the reader absorb what the writer is trying to convey. Just a suggestion, of course.

ggunn:
Spelling, pah! I believe it was Andrew Jackson who said, "It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."

But for readability, splitting up a big block of text into manageable paragraphs really helps the reader absorb what the writer is trying to convey. Just a suggestion, of course.

Thanks, I should probably retake English 101. I got so excited, I just forgot the basics.

So did you meet Montezuma eating in town all the time? Exactly what types of refreshments did you get to enjoy?? :)

It sounds great - Playa del Carmen and Cozumel gets in your blood. Hurry up July! Share pics sometime! Thanks for the detailed account. Talk later - Rick

rkr3000:
So did you meet Montezuma eating in town all the time? Exactly what types of refreshments did you get to enjoy?? :)

It sounds great - Playa del Carmen and Cozumel gets in your blood. Hurry up July! Share pics sometime! Thanks for the detailed account. Talk later - Rick

In general, one need not fear the Revenge from the food in the restaurants on Cozumel. The ice on the island comes from just one or two plants, and they make it from purified water, so iced drinks are OK as well.

Gordon - Don't get too comfortable! We're island junkies - go somewhere in the Caribbean at least once every 6 months. We've seen first hand some pretty sick folks! The sickest we've ever been in our lives (and we are not sickly people) was after one of our trips to Cozumel - and yes, we ate on one of the pirate dinner cruises. It wasn't the liquor that made us sick!!! The Dr. said Montezuma got his revenge on us (for more than a week!) Every vacation we go on, we meet at least one person who frequented back street cafe's and tells us later they "suffered".

Generally, we've had good luck though, as long as we're kind of picky and listen to other "frequent flyers" advice. I agree that the better known restaurants are safe. Sometimes the just being there is worth the aftermath! We just returned from the Dominican Republic last month and have already booked Playa del Carmen again for the summer.

rkr3000:
It wasn't the liquor that made us sick!!! The Dr. said Montezuma got his revenge on us (for more than a week!) QUOTE]

That may be true in your case. However, I've seen Montezuma frequently get blamed for the work of Jose Cuervo.

Back
Top Bottom