Trip report Cayman brac and Grand cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tropicalfan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We just got home from a week on Brac and a week in GC. The first week was at Brac. We stayed a a condo i found onlin ( see www.ourcaymancondo.com). I cannot rave enough about Reef Divers, the dive op we used there. They call themselves a "valet dive service". That really sums it up. They hauled gear from shop to boat and back. Rinsed it, changed tanks. They gave the most awesome dive briefs with excellent and correct drawings of the dive sites. One of our group did her open water referral dives there--they were great with her.
Water tempm was about 84 on my computer. viz ~100ft. They reef looked great and the marine life was plentiful. The week we were on brac, there was no wind--it was hot. The dive ops took us to places on the east end that they evidently don't dive alot.
On GC we stayed at Morritt's-but dove with Ocean Frontiers. This was also an excellent "valet service". They really spoiled us. The wind picked up so we went to varied sites depending on the wind of that particular day. Again great viz and awesome reef.

I should add that both dive ops let you dive your computer. You had the option of doing your own dive or a guided dive. Because the briefings and the compass orientation was so great this was easy to do. With that we ended up with 40+ minute dives the first dive of the day. The shallow dives were about an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom