Trip Report BH 12/28~12/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, for more educational experience I went to TheDecoStop.com and asked for proper p-valve usage of my latex cladded dive buddy. I was referred to this post. :)

I also hunted down this video. :)

YouTube - Cave Diving Equipment

You my good man, are "Sick in the head".......

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :shakehead:

Well I better weigh in with a trip report!

First off Ron, glad you made it home safely – to fill everyone else in, as we arrived at my house Sunday evening a blizzard began that Ron had to drive home in, just to add insult to injury given the weekend weather.

It was great putting some faces to the names, Ron, Dan, Kevin, Jason and James.

As folks previously reported, Ron, Dan and I arrived Friday evening and went in for a Friday night freeze. Next day Kevin arrived with shelter (thank you, thank you thank you!) and the four of us did two dives together. Jason arrived later in the day (with great cookies!) and James the next morning. Sorry I didn’t get to dive with the two of you but I had shaken the gear out enough and given the weather, was just funned out :)

So let’s see if I can answer all the questions I was left with…

Ron, the place I saw all the bald eagles was the drive between 90 and 141 on Y11/River Road. On mapquest search for “Bedrock, CO” and go about a mile East of the town and you’ll see Y11 heading North. As you drive North the valley closes in around you and that’s where the eagles live (this is a 20-year-old memory, so your mileage may vary).

Dan, “Rendezvous with Rama” by Arthur C. Clark. Do not read any follow on book, they’re all terrible. For your telescope, check out the Trapezium cluster.

James and Jason, I understand you were interested in the tumbler; I have an old note here on the board. If you’ve got any questions about it I’d be more than happy to answer them but please ask them in that note to keep all the information in one place.

Thanks to all for coming out to dive on such a miserable weekend. I kinda pushed the weekend because it fell in my narrow window of being able to dive before I get my pins out, and I do appreciate y’all showing up so I could get some bottom time in.

The only issue I found was that I need to take a look at my drysuit inflator because it’s sticking. Inflating like a balloon and rocketing to the surface is not my idea of fun.

Again, I had a great time despite the weather, and hope to dive with all of you (and more) in the future!

Roak (Roger)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom