Trip report april 2 anilao, batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry Mike, it was an accurate statement...:D

k I'll post about the 3rd dive.

This was the aquaventure reef. The helicopter was at about 24m with a tire reef next to it. I didn't think it would be a good dive but it was pretty good!

Larry and Spoon went ahead, then Eric, me, Chiki, and Chiki's friend followed. The entire place is just sand but descending along the way are jeep remnants. Once at the artificial reef the first thing I spot is a frog fish. The art reef has plenty of shrimp inhabitants as well as generic reef fish. Larry even pointed out a seahorse underneath the pile. A school of bolinao was circling the place as well. I didn't expect such a thriving community in the place.

Spoon and Larry ascended ahead, then Chiki + friend, while Halthron and I stayed behind. I thought I had pretty much seen all I needed to see from the place so I joined Eric in hoovering over the structure. Suddenly all the reef fish zip into the tires. Eric and I are thinking to ourselves "what the hell? Did we just do that?" Just as quick as the reef fish disappered a blue fin jack darted from above and swooped down to grab one of the slower reef fishes for lunch. It was an awesome sight.

On ascent Eric was able to spot a tiny clownfish in a tiny anemone. The anemone was no bigger than face of my dive computer and the clownfish was no bigger than my fingernail.

Last thing I did before ascending was practice deploying my balloon. The girls in aquaV said it was very "erect" and could be seen a mile away. :14:

please post your comments to the "Should the chipmeister post his pics from last weekend?" thread :D

Spoon:
be careful what you wish for
how can i take a serious warning from a guy with that avatar!!

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom