Trip Report Trip Report 5 days Westpunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not found a place in Westpunt that checks all the boxes. Nicer accommodations and oceanfront at Marazul would be a plus. I think we could do unlimited tank packages at Gowest and drive over in the early morning and spend at least the entire morning diving there if not most of the day.
While Marazul doesn’t have a drying/tank storage room, all of the oceanfront units have two baths, as far as I know, with the one downstairs being a great place to hang gear. The unit our friends had even had wetsuit and bcd hangers. The house reef is a bit of a swim out, but pretty nice. I mean, not Alice in Wonderland nice, but nice.

MICR0906 (2).jpgMICR0957 (2).jpgMICR0990 (2).jpgMICR1007 (2).jpg

For the past 2 years, I have had to cancel my Curacao vacation due to Covid restrictions. We were going to visit this Feb, but there was nothing available at Marazul or All West, plus air fare was outrageous. We are going to Cozumel instead; which I love, but I have lost some days of diving due to rough seas in the winter. I loved reading your trip report, although it made me sad. I look at the water and miss it dearly. You are so lucky to find that Flying Grunard! The lack of a hot shower is a deal breaker for me.

All West does indeed have the ideal layout for shore diving and tank storage. I always enjoyed my stays there. It does book up fast. The units at Marazul which we have stayed had a bathroom upstairs and down stairs which we use for gear rinsing/storage. We stayed at The Kura Hulanda 12 years ago. Pool area was nice, rooms comfortable, but small. I wish the resort well, but to be honest, I would not feel comfortable booking(especially during high season) there due to too much turmoil and owner turnover.

I hope you make it back someday soon.

Need to get back there as well! I thought about staying at Nos K., but no hot water would be a hard stop for me!!! AllWest it is then :wink: Did you do any boat dives or all shore? The last time we were there on the boat it was just us and 3 other guys and David from Sol hunting lionfish. Was a great week including fresh lionfish ceviche from David on board.

Need to get back there as well! I thought about staying at Nos K., but no hot water would be a hard stop for me!!! AllWest it is then :wink: Did you do any boat dives or all shore? The last time we were there on the boat it was just us and 3 other guys and David from Sol hunting lionfish. Was a great week including fresh lionfish ceviche from David on board.
On the Nos K no hot water, I had some nice communications with them today about the pluses and minuses of our stay and they assured me that there should have been hot water and that here would be on the next stay. They are also building a new building which will become part of the property. Will be interesting to see what the new building and units look like. I would consider them again if hot water is not an issue.

No boat dives on this trip. We thoroughly enjoyed the shore diving and set up. Would have liked to do a PM 1 tank to Watamula but they needed 4 to sign up and we were just two and no one else was interested.

Return trip planned for June '23. Week stay at Allwest and 2 nights Lions Dive.

No boat dives on this trip. We thoroughly enjoyed the shore diving and set up. Would have liked to do a PM 1 tank to Watamula but they needed 4 to sign up and we were just two and no one else was interested.
FYI - Dive Charter Curacao runs a RIB out of Santa Cruz for west end trips and will take 2 divers, 8 max. Best small boat op on the island!

@AndrewBoyd78 - is the DCC Captain

... Lions or Sunscape are good dive resort options, but aren’t trying for the higher end, too far to boat to eest end....
I'm pretty sure Ocean Encounters at Lion's Dive is doing east end trips. I think it's only on certain days though. Double check with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom