Crazy, rough seas today in Westpunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Staying at Marazul up in Westpunt. Last night there was a lot of wind and some rain. Around midnight the seas were pounding the seawall so forcefully that it kept me awake. Skies have cleared with no wind but sea is still crazy.
View attachment 825915View attachment 825916View attachment 825917View attachment 825918
Arrived at Marazul last Thursday. Was here when tropical storm Ian and Julia passed by the island and the wave action was not even close to what happened this week. Wave action subsided greatly by this morning. Dove off of the south stairs twice today. Visibility was between 30 and 40 ft. with lots of sand particles still in the water. The reef out to 50 ft. looked better than I expected, and I have 213 dives on this reef. Located the bench and the bench support in 20 feet of water just north of the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom