Trip in August - non-diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
Some of my friends, non-divers, are planning a trip in August in South East Asia. And they are asking me for suggestions. Their primary objective is to have a relaxing trip on the beach, watersports like snorkelling and some land activities. They are not planning on learning how to dive anytime soon but are interested in trying out maybe the discover scuba-diving progamme offered.

Some of the places that have been mentioned include Boracay Philippines, Sabah, Bali and Samui. What do you think?

The varieties of activities that my friends will be able to do is quite an important factor, and my first impression is that Sabah maybe the place to go. However, I also heard that things there are pretty spread out and it is not easy to get around there. However, I'm not so sure as I don't really care much about those "land activities" as I travel. Does anyone have any suggestions, recommendations or tips?

choco head to PPD (<---click to bring you to the section) and post your specific activities question .... there are other things they could do aside form scubadiving...

Having just spent am amazing morning on the beach here I cant tell you how beautiful it is here in Kata, Phuket and think you should consider this for your trip also as you can do all your activities and more here ............... fancy watching the elephants have a wash on the beach everyday ? well get yourself to phuket :)

Yes Kata, Kata Noi and Karon beaches on Phuket are lovely. But unfortunately August is not really the time for snorkelling along these house reefs...plenty of surfing though. Da's Surf on the southern end of Kata Beach offers surf lessons if your friends are interested. From October - end April is the best time for swimming, snorkelling and diving off these beaches. Otherwise in August all dive op's on Phuket offer the Discover Scuba Diving programmes from the daytrip boats going out to Koh Racha Yai. Prices very much the same.
Hope this is of some help to you.
Chantal.

Back
Top Bottom