TriMix Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello My friends:

Where is a good place to learn Tri Mix: I am looking for someplace in Florida or Hawaii or the Caymans. Please specify why you like the establishment.

Thank you

get your training where you plan to dive.. If you plan on doing deep trimix dives in low viz, you should train there.. Its not a good idea to do dives that are considerably harder than your training without building up experience.. that being said, If you plan on warm water deep dives, I can recommend Erika or Reg at sunsethouse in Grand Cayman both were former national directors for IANTD canada... The conditions are ideal for doing easy deep dives (many done from shore the wall is only about 300-350 yards or so from shore), but remeber it doesn't qualify you to dives that are more difficult than your training..

I recently got back from Truk and did a series of deep air dives on a rebreather (no He available and infact my N2 is greater than that of OC Air diver beyond about 170), many 200ish that were quite easy, in all I did at least 25 deeper than 150, doing 150ish in limited viz and cold even using trimix can be a challenge..

Good Advice. Thank you.

Yes Uncle Pug. Excellent and superior advice.

I'm not certain, but I believe Stingray Divers in Brooklyn can help you out with GUE training (DIRF for sure). It's been a while since I've talked with them, but they can steer you in the right direction. I'm not sure if Tony got his Tech 1 instructors cert or not.

Another guy that might be close to you is Dan Mackay in Kingston Ontario. See what he can do:

dan@northerntechdiver.com

Good luck.

Mike

Thank you Last Yooper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom